- West Coast University, MS, Management Finance
- California State University, BS, Mechanical Engineering
- Georgia Tech, BS, Applied Psychology
- Methods of Operating an Electrical Power Utility Using Real Time Data (application no. 60/761810)
- Methods of Operating an Electrical Power Utility Using Real Time Data (application no. 60/807129)
- Method of Communicating between a Utility and Its Customer Locations (application no. 11/626810)
- Small In-Home Utility Services Display Device (application no.TBD)
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, Smarter Grid R&D Manager, April 2011 – Present
- Member of Wyoming State Energy Office, Energy Consultant, January 2010 - April 2011
- Electric Power Research Institute, Collaborations Manager for Smart Grid (SG) Demos
& IntelliGrid Programs, February 2009 – January 2010
- Southern California Edison, Manager of Distributed Energy Resources, September 1999 – January 2010
- Edison Technology Solutions, Manager of Distributed Generation, January, 1998 – September 1999
- Cinergy Corp/The Ascendix Group, Power Marketing Manager, Southwestern Region, February 1997 – January 1998
- Public Service of New Mexico, Manager, Business Development, August 1996 - February 1997
- Grant County Public Utility District, Director of Power Management, March 1995 - August 1996
- Southern California Gas Company, August 1979 - March 1995
- Southern California Edison, December 1976 - August 1979
Recent Honors (since 2008)
- In 2010, invited by Wyoming State Energy Office (WY SEO) to participate on its
team to update the WY SEO’s strategic plan. Finalized plan submitted to DOE on May 13,
2010. Received positive recognition from the Wyoming Governor’s Energy Advisor.
- In 2010, invited to be a panel member for University of Wyoming’s “Women in Science”
- In 2009, led and co-authored the development of a CIGRE paper that passed the US
and International committees to be accepted for presentation in Paris in 2010.
Collaborators on the paper included EPRI, DOE OE and ORNL. First-time CIGRE paper
submittal succeeded to full-paper acceptance.
- Jointly developed proposal to NIST; proposal selected, received written and monetary
awards; awarded official individual high rating of 4 out of 5 from NIST for completion of
the “NIST Roadmap” project. Received recognition from EPRI for personal performance.
- In 2009, developed two panels for Grid-InterOp 2009 “on the ground experience” from
EPRI and DOE – both well attended and well received – “first of a kind” for GridInterOp.
- In 2008, reselected to the GridWise Architecture Council since be selected as an
original member in 2004.
- In 2008, invited by the State of Hawaii and the DOE to participate in their
“Hawaii Clean Energy Initiative.” Participated in all working sessions while at SCE.
- In 2008, selected to West Virginia University’s Advanced Power and Energy Research
Center Advisory Board.
- In 2008, selected by the California Alliance of Distributed Energy Resources consortium
for an award of Appreciation for my efforts to maintain interest for the past 10 years in
DER by the CA IOUs.
Recent Publications/Presentations (since 2003)
Prepared a winning abstract. Then worked with ORNL on the presentation for DOE
and ORNL for presentation on the “Use of Load Responsiveness via Integration with
DOE’s RDSI projects.” The presentation was made at the NOW Conference, Lake Buena
Vista, FL, 02/2010. A revised version was presented at IEEE’s “Rethinking T&D
Architecture Panel” at the bi-annual IEEE T&D conference in New Orleans, LA, 04/2010
August 2010 at CIGRE in Paris: “Smart Grid Demos Provide Guidance on Integrating
DER and RES into the Distribution System with Consideration of Transmission Impacts,
Market Signals, and Technologies” – joint authorship with EPRI, DOE, and ORNL
Presented on Smart Grid panel at Jackson Hole, WY Energy Sustainability Summit, 10/09
Presented on Smart Grid panel at Wheatland, WY Jubilee Days, 07/09
“Batteries are Key to Wind Integration,” T&D World, 12/08
Presented at IEEE T&D PES meeting, “Rethinking T&D Architecture in Light
of Interoperability and DER,” 04/08
Jointly authored a paper for Carnegie Mellon University’s Fourth Electricity
and Efficiency Conference, titled “Energy Storage for Wind Integration, a Conceptual
Roadmap for California,” 04/08, Pittsburgh, PA
Jointly authored a paper for the Grid-InterOp Forum titled “Integrated,
Agent-Based, Real-time Control Systems for Transmission and Distribution Networks,”
10/07, Albuquerque, NM
Jointly authored a paper for the International Institute for Research and
Education in Power System Dynamics, titled “Interoperability and SCE's DER Program,”
Charleston, SC 08/07
In 2006, at CEC’s request, presented in Plenary Session for its fuel cell
20-year R&D program
In 2005-6, with staff support prepared eight papers. Five papers were chosen for
conference “keynote” presentations. Successfully lined-up SCE executives to make the
presentations including one in Rome, Italy.
Utility Perspective on DER, PowerMex T&D conference, 09/04, Mexico City, Mexico
Customer Connections to SCE’s Power Grid, DTE Energy’s DG Conference for Electric
Utility Engineers, May 2004, Detroit, MI
Distributed Energy Resources Development & Deployment at SCE, EPRI’s DER Advisory
Group meeting, February 2004, Scottsdale, AZ
Handbook of Microturbines, published July 2003 by PennWell Publishing; was placed on
its “best seller” list by PennWell at PowerGen in 2003