Article for Refresher Training
INTEGRATED SAFEGUARDS AND SECURITY MANAGEMENT
The Laboratory is implementing an Integrated Safeguards and Security
Management (ISSM) program. The objective of this program is to systematically
integrate safeguards and security into management and work practices
levels so that the Laboratory’s missions are accomplished safely
In addition the position of ISSM Point of Contact was established so
Laboratory organization has an individual who is aware of the safeguards
Employees are not expected to become experts on safeguards
requirements. However, they can help make BNL a safe and secure place
work by doing the following:
• Contact your ISSM Point of Contact if you have questions about
and security requirements.
• Wear your badge at all times, register you vehicle with the
Security Division (SSD), and display your vehicle registration sticker.
• Complete the online visitor notification form when you are expecting
and contact the Foreign Visits and Assignments administrator at least
days before the arrival of a foreign visitor.
• Comply with the Laboratory’s cyber security, classified
export control procedures.
• Use the security checklist when doing any work planning with
• Lock offices and buildings when they are not occupied, ensure
equipment and material is adequately protected, and report any unusual
circumstances to the BNL Police Group at X-2238.