Application Information for ATF Access
- Applications for ATF access are evaluated by a Steering Committee.
- The Steering Committee meets annually, typically in the Fall.
- Applications should be submitted as detailed proposals to:
Dr. Ilan Ben-Zvi
MS 911B, Brookhaven National Laboratory
Upton, NY 11973-5000 USA
with a copy to:
Dr. Mikhail Fedurin
MS 820, Brookhaven National Laboratory
Upton NY 11973-5000 USA
- Access to the ATF is granted for a period of one year, with possible
extension to additional years subject to approval of the Steering
- Experiments are subject to ATF Safety and Operational Review and all
applicable Physics safety, health and environmental regulations,
including Beam Line Safety Review and Safety Approval Forms.
- Based on the current load of experiments, beam time for an approved
experiment ranges between one to three weeks a year.
- During running time, operation of the facility is based on an 8
hours per day, five days per week. Experimenters who wish to run for a
longer time (night or weekends) must make arrangements with ATF
- The use of the ATF beam time is free for approved users. However,
users may be charged for certain Services and Amenities (machining,
electrical work, Helium for bolometers etc.). Users requiring chargable
items should set up a BNL account by contacting
- Additional information on Visiting BNL is available
here, and ATF visitor
For proposals please complete the following form, attaching a scientific
case complete with references.
Approved experiments will have to establish an agreement with
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) to cover Research. Information
concerning User Agreements can be found at
Last Modified: March 18, 2013
Please forward all questions about this site to: