Scanning Transmission Electron Microscopy Facility
PCMass Manual: Tutorial 4
on a Series
- Complete automated measurements on one file as described in Tutorial 2. If some classes of particle are not being picked up, select
different models until you are satisfied or modify models as described next in Tutorial 3.
- Move the mouse to the right panel (small angle image) to generate the 64 thumbnail images, header summaries and magnification bars.
Move the mouse pointer below and to the right of the magnification bar of last image you wish to measure.
- Hold down the left mouse button and drag the mouse pointer to a point above and to the left of the magnification bar of the
first image you wish to measure. A box should surround the magnification boxes of all images in the range. Release the left mouse button.
Note that you can exclude low or high magnification images.
Verify that a box surrounds the magnification bars you wish to include. If not, repeat steps 2 and 3. Moving the mouse
pointer close to a magnification bar should open a small window listing the header information for that image. Horizontal
lines indicate a specimen change. In the example shown, files 3 to 44 with scan sizes 1.024 or 0.512 microns will be measured.
This is fine for the initial measurements, but summaries described in step 7 should only include files from a single specimen.
- Hold down the <Shift> key and strike the <F11> key. The steps observed in Tutorial 2 should repeat automatically for each model
and each image. If the operation does not appear to be working properly, move the mouse pointer off the LA image (which will terminate
the sequence) and try <SHIFT><F11>again. If the screen is not responding and an hourglass appears, stop the process by moving the
mouse to the extreme right and start over.
- Select an image from the sequence and strike <o> and <i> keys to view the results on individual images. Repeat for several images.
Some particles or segments may be picked up by more than one model. Try adjusting the selection parameters to el
Last Modified: June 12, 2009
Please forward all questions about this site to: