Scanning Transmission Electron Microscopy Facility
PCMass Manual: Tutorial 6
- Open the first file of interest, enter measurements (if not done already) as in Tutorial 1 or 2 and strike <o>
to view results.
- Use the LEFT/RIGHT and UP/DOWN arrow keys to select the measurement type of interest. Only types 3, 6 or 9 will use all
- Strike the <]> (right square bracket) key. A gallery should appear in the right panel with LA, SA
and model for each accepted particle. On the left panel you should see the averaged LA (top left), averaged SA (bottom left),
LA-0.8*SA (top right) and LA-model (bottom right). Each individual radial mass profile will be displayed in the usual place as
that particle is added and the average profile will appear to the right of this. Note that the 'density' trace is only meaningful
for filaments or spheres.
- Check for any 'clunkers' and try to adjust the selection parameters as described in Tutorial 3 to exclude them. Objects can
also be deleted individually using the <i> mode as described in Tutorial 1. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until
you are satisfied with the selection.
- To add more particles/segments: advance to another image, strike <2> for background, move mouse to
clear the screen, strike <o>, then strike <}>(right curly bracket). This does
the same thing as <]> without first erasing previous measurements.
- Save radial profiles by holding down <CONTROL> and striking <7>. This
writes a file NKXXXXYYRadPro_000_000.txt in the MassMeas directory. If you want more than one profile from a particular
image, you should rename this before doing another.
Last Modified: June 12, 2009
Please forward all questions about this site to: