Soft Matter Group
Soft & Biomolecular Materials Staff Profiles
- Ph.D. 2003: Physics, Universite' Pierre et Marie Curie, PARIS VI,
- B.S. 1998: Physics (Cum Laude), Universita' della Calabria, Cosenza,
- "Pierre Favard"
Award 2005, French Society of Microscopy (for outstanding graduate
research performed with microscopy techniques)
- Wetting and Capillary Phenomena: Nanoscale Effects
- Computational Studies of Wetting on Chemically Inhomogeneous
- Template-directed Self-Assembly of Block Copolymer Thin-Films
- Self Assembled Monolayers (SAM): Structure, Wettability and Chemical
Patterning by Scanning Probe and UV lithographies
- Wettabilty and Phase transition of nanoscale atmospheric
- Scanning Probe Microscopy Techniques (with emphasis on Environmental
- AFM image gallery
- Environmental AFM at BNL
Morphology of Air
Nanobubbles Trapped at Hydrophobic Nanopatterned Surfaces, A. Checco,
T. Hofmann, E. DiMasi, C.T. Black and B.M. Ocko, Nano Lett.,
10, 1354 (2010)
Directed Self-Assembly of Block
Copolymers on Two-Dimensional Chemical Patterns Fabricated by
Electro-Oxidation Nanolithography, J. Xu, S. Park, S. Wang, T. P.
Russell, B. M. Ocko, A. Checco, Adv. Mater. 22,
under nanoscale confinement, A. Checco, Phys Rev. Lett.
102, 106103 (2009)
Non-linear elasticity of a
liquid contact line, A. Checco, Europhys. Lett. 85,
Liquid nanostripes, A. Checco,
O. Gang and B.M. Ocko, Phys Rev. Lett. 96, 056104
resolution non-contact AFM imaging of liquids condensed onto chemically
nanopatterned surfaces, A. Checco, Y. Cai, O. Gang and B.M. Ocko,
Ultramicroscopy 106, 703, 2006.
- Nanoscale wettability of
self-assembled monolayers investigated by non-contact Atomic Force
Microscopy, A. Checco, J. Daillant, P. M. Guenoun and R. Boukherroub
Langmuir 2, 126 (2006).
- Nonlinear dependence of the
contact angle of nanodroplets on contact line curvature, A. Checco,
J. Daillant and P. M. Guenoun, Phys Rev. Lett. 91,
- Surface potential imaging of
hair. Correlation with wetting at the nanometer scale, V. Dupres, T.
Camesano, D. Langevin, A. Checco and P. Guenoun, Journal of Colloid
Int. Sci. 269, 329 (2004).
Last Modified: March 16, 2011
Please forward all questions about this site to: