The following are not eligible for the BreakThru Mini-Grant Program.
- Programs involving organizations that represent advocacy groups,
special political interests, or a specific religious affiliation
- Capital, construction or building funds
- Salaries or fees for program staff, including mentors and other
- Endowment and scholarship funds (or similar types of financial
- School-administered and any other programs incorporated into a
studentís regular school day
- Fund-raiser events, including sponsorships, tickets or advertising
- Registration fees
- Private foundations described under the U.S. Internal Revenue
Service Code Section 509(a)
- Local, state, and federal government agencies and programs
The application period for this year's Mini-Grant Program is closed.
The program was a two-year pilot, and during this time the Lab
received several creative proposals designed to promote science,
technology, engineering and math for middle school students from
Overall, however, we received fewer applications than we anticipated
from organizations competing for the available funds. As a result, the
Lab has decided to discontinue the Mini-Grant program. We thank all
those who submitted applications, and hope that those who received
funding are very successful in their missions to support STEM learning.
Last Modified: May 16, 2008
Please forward all questions about this site to: