Alison Tilp is an Advanced Applications Engineer who works at the
External Data Center (XDC) in support of DOE's Atmospheric Radiation
Measurement (ARM) program. She writes and maintains programs (ingests)
in perl, IDL, and C to collect and convert both external and
ARM-generated data into an ARM-standard format. She also installs and
maintains ARM's Google search appliance.
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, B.S., Computer
Areas of Interest
- Applications programming (perl, IDL, C)
- System administration
- Google search appliance
- Backup/archive systems
- Advanced Applications Engineer, Scientific
Information Systems Group, BNL, 1996-1997 (part time)
- Computer Analyst, Systems Administration Group,
Information Technology Division, BNL, 1989-1999.
- Graphics Analyst, Graphics Systems, Grumman Data
Systems, Bethpage, NY, 1986-1988.