We covered a wide variety of web development and online
communication topics this year. Some of these topics were formally
presented, some were simply talked about in front of the food table during
breaks. Either way, a lot of knowledge was shared.
- Institutional use of social media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter)
- Governance policies for online content and use of social media
- Accessibility and Section 508 requirements for public web
- Statistical analysis tools: Google analytics, Web Trends, etc.
- Hosting web-based video: Flash Media Server, RealPlayer, etc.
- HTML 5
- XML and XSLT
- Content Management Systems, MVC Frameworks, SharePoint
- Intranet communication, collaboration tools
- Web teams, their skill sets, service offerings and organization
- Graphic design, web layout, CSS frameworks, user interface design
- Search and search engine optimization
- The Semantic Web, including Microformats, RDFa
- Script libraries: jQuery, Scriptaculous, MooTools
- Demos of custom web applications: development, results
- Web project management issues
- Secure applications, cybersecurity
- Web development for the mobile platform
- Use of third-party APIs
the full agenda