Junior Professional Officer (JPO) Positions in the
Safeguards Division of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
This program, funded by the United States Support Program and
administered by the Office of Educational Programs at Brookhaven National
Laboratory, is an opportunity for young professionals to live at the minimum
of one year in Vienna, Austria and work for the International Atomic Energy
Agency at its headquarters. Candidates need to be capable of independent
work and possess good communication skills.
Eligibility: Candidates will be:
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- between the ages of 18 and 32
- recent graduates of an accredited institution of higher education
- capable of working independently and possess good communication skills
Positions: Opportunities are currently available in the fields of
Computer Science, Open Source Information Collection, Engineering Services,
Technical Writing and Other.
Compensation: The IAEA offers a competitive package of benefits
and entitlements that includes:
- Tax exempt salary and post adjustment
- Health insurance
- Participation in the UN Joint Staff Pension Fund
- Relocation costs
- Installation and Repatriation grants
- Housing subsidy
- Education grant
- Six weeks vacation
- Home leave
- Training and staff development
Note: Some benefits do not apply to
employees working for less than two years.