Verizon Digital Phone and Alphanumeric Pagers
Anyone with Internet access can send an alphanumeric message
an Verizon Wireless Digital customer who has subscribed to Text
Messaging or an Verizon Paging customer. It's just like sending
email to a phone or a pager.
Want a response from the person you
If the person is using a two-way pager you will be able
to get a response each time you page them.
The PF1500 pager has 13 canned responses:
Will Call Later
Send More Information
On My Way
Will Arrive 15m
Will Arrive 30m
Can I Call You?
Send # to Call
the Internet web page you can have up to (6)
additional Custom QuickReply Responses that will allow you
to accurately relay your message. This is a great feature
to use, specially if the person you are trying to contact
is not near a phone or cannot use a cell phone.|
- only canned responses can be sent
Pager - any response can be sent
Using an Email Software
(Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora...)
If the person is using a two-way pager you
will be able to get a response each time you page them. The
PF1500 pager has 13 canned responses, see above.
- Address E-mail to
Note: do not lead the phone number
with a "1" or put spaces, parentheses or dashes
between the area code and the number.
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Place the message you want to appear on the pager in the body field of the e-mail. Warning:
only the text placed in the body field of the
e-mail will be sent to the pager and only text up to the maximum
character count of the receiving pager will be sent. The
information in the author and subject field of the e-mail will
not be sent to the pager.
- Send the email (This process will vary depending on the
email software used and method of connection to the Internet)
Internet email using
- You need to know their 10-digit mobile number (cellular)
or 10-digit PIN or pager number (pager).
- Go to Verizon web page at
- Enter their number in the "To" field on web page without dashes or
parentheses. Separate multiple numbers with commas, up to a maximum of ten.
For example: 1234567899, 9987654321.
- Type your text message. Alphanumeric Pagers are
limited to 240 chars.
- Enter your email address in the "Reply To"
field on web page.
- Use the "Custom" response fields if you want to send a
- Press "Send Message".
Back to Telecommunications main page.
Last Modified: March 23, 2010
Please forward all questions about this site to: