Questions about the Brookhaven Lab Photowalk? Please
email Justin Eure
or call 631-344-2347.
Guidelines for Participating Photographers
All participants must arrive at Brookhaven National Laboratory’s
Berkner Hall by 9:45 am on Saturday, Sept. 22. Please visit our
maps & directions page for
information on getting to the Lab. At 10:00 am, there will be a brief,
mandatory safety overview meeting for all Photowalk participants.
All participants will be pre-registered and must have a
government-issued ID to enter through the main gate. Please allow extra
time to enter and make your way to
- You must be 18 years of age to participate in the
Brookhaven Lab Photowalk.
- Employees of the lab and their families are not
eligible to participate.
- Only photographers with confirmed registration will
be able to participate.
- You must wear closed-toe shoes without high heels.
- When you arrive at Brookhaven Lab on Sept. 22, you
must fill out and sign a
photo release form if you wish to submit the photos taken during the event
to the Photowalk contest.
- During the Photowalk, you must adhere to all
Brookhaven Lab safety rules and follow the instructions
given to you by your Photowalk guides.
- No eating and drinking in the technical areas. Water
will be provided on the bus. No smoking in any building
- Stay at all times with your assigned Photowalk group
and guides, and use the buses provided by the lab to
travel to each location.
- Stay within the assigned areas and stay out of areas
marked with CAUTION tape. No wandering off. No opening
of doors without authorization.
- No use of ladders will be allowed, and no standing
on chairs, tables or camera cases. Climbing on lab
equipment or machines is prohibited and will not be
- Look around, walk around and take pictures, but do
not touch any equipment or objects. Rearranging or
moving items at the Photowalk locations is not allowed.
No opening of cabinets, drawers, etc.
- Large rolling cases for photo equipment will not be
allowed. Each photographer participating in the
Photowalk must be able to carry all photo equipment at
once, and carry all personal items onto the bus that
brings each group to the photo shoot areas. You may not
bring and use an assistant, unless you require
assistance due to a disability.
- Photographers will not be allowed to plug in any
electrical devices during the walk. Make sure you have
enough charged batteries to last you for the entire
event (about three hours). The use of long cords (flash
cords, sync cables, camera releases) that could be a
trip hazard will not be allowed.
- The use of tripods will be allowed.
- Be courteous to your fellow photographers.
- Have fun.