How Do I Get Certified with the Small Business Administration?

Two small business categories must have Small Business Administration (SBA) certifications to do business with Brookhaven Science Associates: 8(a) program, and HUB-Zone small business program.

8(a) Program

You can obtain more information about the 8(a) certification program, which is part of the Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) program, by contacting any SBA district office, or going to the SBA 8(a) Business Development page

Historically Underutilized Business (HUB-Zone) Certification

Click here to learn more information about the  HUB-Zone program.

Once you are registered as an 8(a) or HUB-Zone company: Register on DOD's Central Contractor Registration (CCR) database, which includes the Small Business Administration (SBA) database of small business contractors and their areas of business. Agency contracting officers and prime contractors search this database to find small business sources and subcontractors.

Top of Page

Last Modified: March 19, 2012
Please forward all questions about this site to: Michelle Holbrook