Environmental Sciences Department
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Upton, NY 11973-5000
(631) 344 2948
Students | The Lab |
Current Projects |
Full Publication List |
My research aims to improve understanding of the
mechanisms that underlie whole plant and ecosystem responses to global
change, and to improve representation of these processes in Earth System
Models. My lab is focused on understanding the interactions between
photosynthesis and carbon and nitrogen metabolism that
underlie many of the commonly observed responses of plants and ecosystems to
- Rogers A (2014) The use and misuse of Vc,max in
Earth System Models. Photosynthesis Research. 119,
- Gray SB, Strellner RS, Puthuval KK, Ng C, Shulman R, Siebers MH,
Rogers A, Leakey ADB (2013) Minirhizotron imaging reveals nodulation of
field-grown soybean is enhanced by Free-Air CO2 Enrichment
only when combined with drought stress. Functional Plant Biology.
40, 137-147. (pdf)
- Rogers A, McDonald K, Muehlbauer MF, Hoffman A, Koenig K, Newman L,
Taghavi S, van der Lelie D (2012) Inoculation of hybrid poplar with the endophytic bacterium Enterobacter sp. 638 increases biomass but
does not impact leaf level physiology. Global Change Biology -
Bioenergy 4, 364-370. (pdf)
- 2011 Lecture. Annual Research Meeting of the DOE Office of Science
Graduate Fellowship Program.
- 2011 Seminar, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, USA.
- 2010 Seminar, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, IL, USA.
- 2010 Seminar, City University of New York, Lehman, NY, USA.
- 2010 Speaker, BNL-SBU Joint Symposium on Climate Change, Stony Brook
University, NY, USA.
- 2010 Seminar, INRA, Bordeaux, France.
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board, Global Change Biology.
- Member of the American Geophysical Union, the American Society of Plant
Biologists, and the Ecological Society of America.
- 2009 Outstanding Mentor. Department of Energy, Office of
Science, Undergraduate Research Programs.
- 2004 Outstanding Mentor. Department of
Energy, Office of Science, Undergraduate Research Programs.
- 2002 Outstanding
Mentor. Department of Energy, Office of Science, Undergraduate
- Ph.D. Biology, 1998, University of Essex, UK.
- B.Sc. Biochemistry & Botany, 1994, University
of Wales, Bangor, UK.
Last Modified: January 16, 2014
Please forward all questions about this site to the