Science Associate I
1999-Present: Science Associate, Condensed Matter Physics & Materials Science Department
Brookhaven National Laboratory.
1996-1999: Visiting Scientist, Department of Applied Science, Brookhaven National Laboratory.
Professor, Materials Research and
2002, Ph.D., Materials Science,
1987, M.S., Materials Science,
1984, B.S., Materials Science,
· L. Wu, R. F. Klie1, Y. Zhu, Ch. Jooss, “Confirmation of Zener-polaron-type charge and orbital ordering in Pr1-xCaxMnO3”, Phy. Rev. B, 76, 174210 (2007).
· Wu Li-un, Zheng Jin-cheng and Zhu Yi-mei, “A novel electron diffraction technique to accurately measure valence electron distribution and interfacial lattice displacement”, Journal of Chinese Electron Microscopy Society, 26, 513 (2007).
· Ch. Jooss, L.Wu, T. Beetz, R. F. Klie, M. Beleggia, M. A. Schofield, S. Schramm, J. Hoffmann and Y. Zhu, “Polaron melting and ordering as key mechanisms for colossal resistance effects in manganites”, PNAS, 104, 13597–13602, (2007).
· Y. Zhu, J. C. Zheng, L. Wu, A. I. Frenkel, J. Hanson, P. Northrup and W. Ku, “Nanoscale Disorder in CaCu3Ti4O12: A New Route to the Enhanced Dielectric Response”, Phys. Rev. Lett., 99, 037602 (2007)
· Wei-Qiang Han, Lijun Wu, Robert F. Klie, and Yimei Zhu, “Enhanced Optical Absorption Induced by Dense Nanocavities inside Titania Nanorods”, Adv. Mater., 19, 2525–2529 (2007).
· V. F. Solovyov, H. J. Wiesmann, L. Wu, Q. Li, L. D. Cooley, M. Suenaga, B. Maiorov and L. Civale, “High critical currents by isotropic magnetic-flux-pinning centres in a 3 μm-thick YBa2Cu3O7 superconducting coated conductor”, Supercond. Sci. Technol. 20 L20–L23, (2007).
· P. Moschkau, S. Schramm, J. Hoffmann, J. Fladerer, Ch. Jooss, L. Wu, Y. Zhu, “Electronic phase separation and the CMR effect in Pr1−xCaxMnO3 films on (001) vicinal SrTiO3 substrates”, Materials Science and Engineering B, 144, 78–82, (2007).
· Wei-Qiang Han, Lijun Wu, Aaron Stein, Yimei Zhu, James Misewich, and John Warren, “Oxygen-Deficiency-Induced Superlattice Structures of Chromia Nanobelts”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 45, 6554 –6558 (2006).
· Matthew Y. Sfeir, Tobias Beetz, Feng Wang, Limin Huang, X. M. Henry Huang, Mingyuan Huang, J. Hone, Stephen O’Brien, J. A. Misewich, Tony F. Heinz, Lijun Wu, Yimei Zhu, Louis E. Brus, “Optical Spectroscopy of Individual Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes of Defined Chiral Structure”, Science, 312, 554 (2006).
· L. Wu, Y. Zhu, S. Park, S. Shapiro, G. Shirane and J. Tafto, “Defect structure of the high-dielectric-constant perovskite CaCu3Ti4O12”, Phy. Rev. B, 71, 014118 (2005).
Developed many computer programs for image processing and simulations.
wImage: Image processing program, especially useful for processing TEM/STEM images and diffraction patterns.
wBloch: Convergent beam electron diffraction and high-resolution TEM image simulations using Block wave method.
MSlice: High-resolution TEM image and annular-dark field STEM image simulations using multislice method.
wModel: 3D modeling for crystal.