Site Entry Quarantine Restrictions
Last updated: July 7, 2021
As of June 25, 2021, the New York State Travel Advisory is no longer in effect. As such, travelers arriving in New York are no longer required to quarantine or submit traveler health forms.
You are still required to self-quarantine and work from home symptom-free for 10 days if either of the following are true.
- You are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
- You have not completed a vaccination series and have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
If you meet either of the above criteria, you must also notify your supervisor and the Lab's Occupational Medicine Clinic (OMC) before returning to work. Staff who are unable to work from home should follow the guidance on the COVID-19 Resources website and contact their Human Resources Manager or manager if they have questions.
Non-hospitalized individuals recovering from COVID-19 can return to work if all the following are true:
- At least 10 days have passed since symptom onset, AND
- At least 24 hours have passed since resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications, and
- Other symptoms have improved.
Non-vaccinated individuals exposed to COVID-19 can end their quarantine after 10 days without a testing requirement as long as they are not exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms during the quarantine period. After day 10 is reached, individuals must continue monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms through day 14 and if any develop, they should immediately self-isolate.