You are required to self-quarantine and work from home symptom-free for 14 days if any of the following are true.
- You are returning from international travel—for official business purposes, or personal reasons (including international cruises)
- Members of your household have returned from international travel
- You are returning from personal travel to a state on the New York State COVID-19 Travel Advisory list of restricted states. (This does not apply to those passing through designated states for a limited duration through the course of travel. Examples of such brief passage include but are not limited to stopping at roadside rest stops; travel on buses and/or trains; or layovers for air travel, bus travel, or train travel.)
- You have been exposed to someone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, whether that person has a presumed or confirmed case of the illness
- You are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms
If you meet any of these criteria you must also notify your supervisor and the Lab's Occupational Medicine Clinic (OMC) before returning to work. Staff who are unable to work from home should contact their Human Resources Manager for guidance.
Restrictions on Travel and Hosting of Travelers
Domestic Travel: All domestic travel considered essential to the Laboratory mission will require the approval of the cognizant associate laboratory director (ALD) or Director's Office.
Personal Domestic Travel: Employees returning from personal domestic travel to states with high transmission rates of coronavirus must quarantine themselves for 14 days after arrival in the region before returning to the Lab site. See details
International Travel: All international business travel by Brookhaven Lab staff or funded by Brookhaven Lab remains suspended until further notice, with an exception for mission-essential international travel, which must be approved by DOE. If mission-essential international travel is deemed necessary, you must work with your ALD and the Director's Office to coordinate DOE approvals.
Non-Department-Funded Work (e.g., Strategic Partnership Project [SPP] activities): Non-DOE funded work will follow the DOE policy and any additional restrictions placed on travel by the other agency, or the entity funding and sponsoring the SPP work.
Hosting Domestic or International Travelers for DOE Business: Access is suspended for all non-Brookhaven users, visitors, and guests starting Tuesday, March 17, with exemptions for non-Brookhaven users already on site and for those non-Brookhaven users and guests who are permanently or semi-permanently based at the Laboratory. This action supersedes and expands the 30-day ban on hosting international visitors that began on March 14.