Call for Proposals: User proposals for ATF beam time are now being accepted for Calendar Year 2021. To ensure full evaluation, interested researchers should submit their proposals by Monday, November 30, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. EST. For detailed information regarding proposal submission, proposal categories, and the beam time request process, please visit the ATF User Access Page.
The Accelerator Test Facility (ATF) is a DOE Office of Science National User Facility that provides users with high-brightness electron- and laser-beams, and ultrafast electron diffraction capabilities. The ATF has provided a facility for users to study the properties of modern accelerators and new techniques of particle acceleration and radiation generation for over 25 years. It is the designated user facility for the Accelerator Stewardship Program.
During the meeting, the ATF Program Advisory Committee (APAC) will review the progress of the ongoing user experimental program and approve proposals for new experiments that are consistent with the ATF's mission within the Accelerator Stewardship Program.
- For questions about the Call for Proposals or Preliminary Agenda, contact Mark Palmer
- For questions about the logistics or an invitation letter, contact Mary Jane Ilardi
- For technical questions about Proposal Submission System, contact Kelly Guiffreda
- The ATF Program Advisory Committee (APAC) will review the progress of the ongoing user experiments and approve new experimental proposals that are synergistic with the mission of the DOE Office of Science Accelerator Stewardship Program. They will also review the facility’s science goals and planning.
- The meeting will serve as a forum for collaboration and a platform for users to report their work to APAC and the research community.
- The current status, performance, and future plans for the ATF will be presented.
Join the Meeting Remotely
The Zoom connection information will be provided to you prior to the start of the event. Please do not give out this connection information. It is only for registered attendees.
|November 4, 2020||General registration opens|
|December 7, 2021||Registration closes|
Note: This meeting falls under Exemption E. Meetings such as Advisory Committee and Federal Advisory Committee meetings. Solicitation/Funding Opportunity Announcement Review Board meetings, peer review/objective review panel meetings, evaluation panel/board meetings, and program kick-off and review meetings (including those for grants and contracts) and is open to the public.