Some hyperlinks on this page will take you to information that is not maintained by Brookhaven. Brookhaven is not responsible for any inaccuracies or other errors contained therein. By clicking any remote or offsite hyperlinks, you acknowledge that you have read and agree with this statement.
- Long Island MacArthur, Ronkonkoma, (631)467-6161
- KennedyInternational (JFK), Queens,(718) 656-4520
- LaGuardia, Queens, (718) 476-5000
- BNLTravel Office travel request (official BNL travel only!)
- BNL Leisure travel - Omega Travel -(631) 344-5918/5948
On-site Shuttle Bus and Courtesy Van Service
For information, call Suffolk County Transit Information Service, (631) 852-5200 or visit http://www.sct-bus.org.No bus comes directly to Brookhaven National Laboratory's campus.
- Alamo 800-327-9633
- Avis 800-331-1212
- Budget 800-527-0700
- Dollar 800-800-4000
- Enterprise 800-325-8007
- Hertz 800-654-3131
- National 800-CAR-RENT
- Rent-A-Wreck 800-535-1391
- Thrifty 800-367-2277
- Abby's Taxi 631-732-TAXI
- Airport Taxi 631-696-2229
- Bishop Taxi Service 631-698-0156
- Blue & Yellow Taxi 631-281-8283
- Colonial Taxi 631-589-7878
- Courtesy Taxi 631 395-5237
- Dial Taxi 631-281-3300
- Jimmy's Taxi Service 631-281-8581
- Sunset Taxi 631-588-8844
If you're traveling to or from New England, there are two ferries that can save you time and hassle (if not money) by taking you between the North Shore of Long Island to Connecticut without passing through New York City. Getting a car over on the ferry can cost more than $30 each way, and you need a reservation on busy weekends.
- Cross Sound Ferry - From Orient Point, NY to New London, CT, 860-443-5281
- Bridgeport-Port Jefferson Steamboat Company - From Port Jefferson NY to Bridgeport, CT,(631) 473-0286
If you're traveling to or from Shelter Island, between the North and South Forks of Long Island, you need to take one of these two ferries:
- Shelter Island Ferry South - From Sag Harbor to Shelter Island, (631) 749-1200
- Shelter Island Ferry North - From Greenport to Shelter Island, (631) 749-0139
The closest Long Island Railroad Station to BNL is in Mastic/Shirley; however, trains arrive and depart more frequently at Patchogue and Ronkonkoma. To find schedules and more information, call (516) 822-5477, (516) 231-5477, or visit the World Wide Web site: http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/lirr/index.html
To get to the Mastic/Shirley LIRR station, take William Floyd (Rte. 46) south of the Lab, past the LIE, Route 27 and Montauk Highway. The parking lot is on the left just after the railroad tracks.
To get to the LIRR Ronkonkoma station, take the LIE to Exit 60, go south, and follow the signs. Parking here is sometimes scarce on weekdays, but the trains run early every hour and the trip takes only an hour and a half. Or, take the Lab car service.
The Port Jefferson station has fewer trains that take more time than Ronkonkoma trains, but the station is closer to the Lab than Ronkonkoma. Take Rte. 46 north to its end at Rte. 25A, following it for 15 miles and taking the right fork toward Port Jeff. At the T intersection, take a right; the station is on the south side of the tracks on the right side of the road. Passengers from Port Jeff need to change trains once (get off, stand at the same platform, get on the next train) to get to Manhattan.