Brookhaven National Laboratory
P.O. Box 5000
Upton, NY 11973-5000
Phone: (631) 344-4371
FAX: (631) 344-5815
Research Interests: Chemical uses of synchrotron radiation; combustion kinetics, isotope effects, gas-phase energy transfer, radiation chemistry
B.S., cum laude, Chemistry, Hofstra University, 1969
Ph.D. Chemistry, Columbia University, 1975
Research Collaborator, Chemistry Department, Brookhaven National
Research Associate, Chemistry Department, Yeshiva University
Research Associate, Chemistry Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, 5/76-4/78.
Associate Chemist, Chemistry Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory,
assigned to DOE Headquarters, (Chemical Sciences Division, Office of Basic Energy Sciences) Washington, DC 5/78-4/80.
Associate Chemist, Chemistry Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, 5/80-9/82.
Chemist, Chemistry Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, 10/82-9/85.
Chemist, Continuing, Chemistry Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, 10/85-present.
1. A Measurement of the Yield of Carbon Monoxide from the Reaction of Methyl Radicals and Oxygen Atoms, J. M. Preses and C. Fockenberg, J. Phys. Chem. A 104, 6758-6763 (2000).
2. Vacuum Ultraviolet Photochemistry of CH4 and Isotopomers II. Product Channel Yields and Adsorption Spectra, J.-H. Wang, K. Liu, Z. Min, H. Su, R. Bersohn, J. Preses and J. Z. Larese, J. Chem. Phys. 113, 4146-4153 (2000.
3. Radiation Chemical Effects of X-Rays on Liquids, R. A. Holroyd and J. M. Preses. In Chemical Applications of Synchrotron Radiation, Part II, 987-1009, T. K. Sham, ed. World Scientific Publishing: 2001.
4. Temperature Dependence of the Rate Constant and Product Distribution of the Reaction of CH3 Radicals with O(3P) Atoms, C. Fockenberg and J. M. Preses, J. Phys. Chem. A. 106, 2924-2930 (2002).
5. John R. Barker, Nicholas F. Ortiz, Jack M. Preses, and Lawrence L. Lohr, MultiWell-1.4.1 software, http://aoss.engin.umich.edu/multiwell/ (2004).