Advanced Energy Materials Group
Research staff CV
Liyuan Zhang (张立源)
||Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science Department
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Upton, New York
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, School of Physics, Ph.D.
in Physics, 2007
Dissertation Title: “Spin transport through nanometer-scale Al grains
and single dielectric relaxation in BST nanoparticles at low
Thesis Advisor: Prof. Dragomir Davidovic.
Beijing Free Electron Laser Lab (BFEL), Institute of High Energy
Physics, Beijing, P.R. China, M.S. in Applied Physics, 2001
Dissertation Title: “The near-field infared scanning microscopy based on
Thesis Advisor: Prof. Yonggui Li
Changchun Institute of Optics and Fine Machine (CIOM), Changchun, P.R.
China, B.S. in Applied Optics, 1997
Senior thesis Title: “Multiplexing silicon controlled rectifier burst
mode YAG solid laser power supply.”
Thesis Advisor: Prof. Yunfeng Ding
- 2008 - present, Research Associate, Department of Condensed
Matter Physics and Material Science,
Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY
- 2002 - 2007, Graduate Research Assistant, Georgia Institute of
Technology, Atlanta, GA
- 1998 - 2001, Graduate Assistant, Institute of High
Energy Physics (IHEP), Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, P.R. China
- 1995 - 1997, Undergraduate Assistant, Changchun
Institute of Optics and Fine Machine (CIOM), Changchun, P.R. China
- G. Nazin, Y. Zhang, L.Y. Zhang, E. Sutter and P.
Sutter, "Visualization of charge transport through Landau levels in
graphene", Nature Physics (2010)| doi:10.1038/nphys1745.
- L.Y. Zhang, Y. Zhang, M. Khodas, T. Valla and I. A.
Zaliznyak, "Metal to insulator transition on the N = 0 Landau level in
graphene ", Physical Review Letters 105 (4), 046804,
- L.Y. Zhang, J. Camacho, H. Cao, Y. P. Chen, M.
Khodas, D. Kharzeev, A. Tsvelik, T. Valla and I. A. Zaliznyak,
"Breakdown of the N=0 Quantum Hall State in graphene: two insulating
regimes", Editor’s suggestion, Rapid Communications: Physical Review B
80 (24) 241412, 2009. Highlighted in Virtual Journal of
Nanoscience and Technology, Jan 11, 2010.
- L.S.Weng, L.Y. Zhang, Y. P. Chen, L. P. Rokhinson.
"Atomic force microscope local oxidation nanolithography of graphene,"
Applied Physics letters 93 (9), 093107, 2008.
Highlighted in Virtual Journal of Nanoscience and Technology, Sept 29,
- L.Y. Zhang, J. Zhou, Z.L. Wang, D. Davidovic. "A
single electric relaxation time in Ba1-xSrxTiO3 nanoparticles at low
temperatures, " Nanotechnology 18 (13), 135707, 2007
- C.G. Hu, H. Liu, C.S. Lao, L.Y. Zhang, D. Davidovic,
Z.L. Wang. "Size-manipulable synthesis of single-crystalline BaMnO3 and
BaTi1/2Mn1/2O3 nanorods/nanowires." Journal of Physical Chemistry B
110 (29), 14050, 2006
- Y.G. Wei, X.Y. Liu, L.Y. Zhang, D. Davidovic. "Mesoscopic
resistance fluctuations in cobalt nanoparticle, " Physical Review
Letters 96 (14), 146803, 2006.
- C.S. Lao, J. Liu, P.X. Gao, L.Y. Zhang, D.
Davidovic, Z.L. Wang "ZnO nanobelt/nanowire Schottky diodes formed by
dielectrophoresis alignment across Au electrodes. " Nano Letters
6 (2):263, 2006.
- L.Y. Zang, C.Y. Wang, Y.G. Wei, X.Y. Liu, D.
Davidovic. "Spin-polarized electron transport through nanometer-scale Al
grains," Rapid Communications: Physical Review B 72
(15) 155445, 2005. Highlighted in Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science &
Technology, 12, (5) 2005.
- L.Y. Zhang, Y.G. Li, Q. Wang. "Preparation of
optical probes for scanning near-field infrared microscopy by etching
method. "Acta Physica Sinica 50 (12): 2322, 2001.
Last Modified: October 12, 2010
Please forward all questions about this site to: