- Mar. 1989, Ph.D., Metallic Materials Science & Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), Harbin, China
- July 1985, M.S., Metallic Materials Science & Engineering, HIT, Harbin, China
- July 1982, B.S., Metallic Materials Science & Engineering, Hefei University of Technology, Hefei, China
- 2012-present, Senior Physicist, Condensed Matter Physics & Materials Science Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, NY, USA
- 2012-present, Adjunct Professor, Physics Department, Stony Brook University, NY, USA
- 2005-present, Adjunct Professor, Materials Science Department, Stony Brook University, NY, USA
- 2003-2011, Physicist, CMP&MS, BNL, NY, USA
- 2001-2002, Associate Physicist, CMP&MS, BNL, NY, USA
- 1996-2000, Australian Research Council Queen Elizabeth II Fellow, School of Physics, University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney, Australia
- 1995-1995, ISTEC Fellow, Superconductivity Research Laboratory, International Superconductivity Technology Center (ISTEC), Tokyo 135, Japan.
- 1993-1994, UNSW Vice-Chancellor Post-Doctoral Fellow, School of Physics, UNSW, Australia.
- 1991-1992, ISTEC Post-Doctoral Fellow, Superconductivity Research Laboratory, ISTEC, Japan. 1989-1990, Chinese Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China
- Member, American Physical Society
- Member, Materials Research Society
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, American Physical Society (2011)
- 2010 BNL Science and Technology Award, Brookhaven National Laboratory, USA (2010)
The discovery and development of new superconducting and strongly correlated electrons materials and the growth of high quality single crystals for the fundamental studies. The measurement of physical properties of various new single crystal materials.
6 papers in Nature, 10 papers in Science. 27 papers in Physical Review letter, More than 300 journal papers. More than 6000 citations, h-index 36