- Ph. D. in Physics with dissertation fellowship, University of Minnesota, 2017
- B. S. with honor, Wuhan University, 2010
- Independent Principal Investigator, Center for Functional Nanomaterials, Brookhaven National Laboratory, 2017 – present
- Research Associate, Condensed Matter Physics and Material Sciences Division, Brookhaven National Laboratory, 2017 - present
- Visiting researcher at National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, Argonne National Laboratory, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, Institut Laue-Langevin, Canada's National Laboratory for Particle and Nuclear Physics, and Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2009 – present
- Reviewer of 13 scientific journals
Honors & Awards
- Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship and Franklin Research Fellowship, University of Minnesota, 2013 - 2016
- University fellowship and Science Scholarship, Wuhan University, 2006 - 2010
- China National Olympiad Competition Award in Physics and Mathematics, 2003, 2005
- J. Yin, N. Shumiya, Y. Jiang, H. Zhou, G. Macam, H. O. M. Sura, S. S. Zhang, Z. Cheng, Z. Guguchia, Yangmu Li, Q. Wang, M. Litskevich, I. Belopolski, X. P. Yang, T. A. Cochran, G. Chang, Q. Zhang, Z. Huang, F. Chuang, H. Lin, H. Lei, B. M. Andersen, Z. Wang, S. Jia. M. Z. Hasan. Spin-orbit quantum impurity in a topological magnet, Nature Communications 11, 4415 (2020).
- Yangmu Li, Q. Wang, L. DeBeer-Schmitt, Z. Guguchia, R. D. Desautels, J. Yin, Q. Du, W. Ren, X. Zhao, Z. Zhang, I.A. Zaliznyak, C. Petrovic, W. Yin, M. Z. Hasan, H. Lei, J. M. Tranquada. Magnetic-field control of topological electronic response near room temperature in correlated Kagome magnets, Physical Review Letters 123, 196604 (2019).
- Yangmu Li, J. Wu, F. Camino, G. D. Gu, I. Božović and J. M. Tranquada. Large surface conductance and superconductivity in topological insulator microstructures, Applied Physics Letters 115, 173507 (2019).
- Yangmu Li, J. Terzic, P. G. Baity, Dragana Popovic, G. D. Gu, Qiang Li, A. M. Tsvelik, J. M. Tranquada, Tuning from failed superconductor to failed insulator with magnetic field, Science Advances 5, aav7686 (2019).
- Yangmu Li, W. Tabis, Y. Tang, G. Yu, J. Jaroszynski, N. Barišić, and M. Greven. Hole-pocket-driven superconductivity and its universal features in the electron-doped cuprates, Science Advances 5, aap7349 (2019).
- N. Barišić, M. K. Chan, M. Veit, C. Dorow, Y. Ge, Yangmu Li, Y. Tang, W. Tabis, G. Yu, X. Zhao, M. Greven, Evidence for a universal Fermi-liquid scattering rate throughout the phase diagram of the copper-oxide superconductors, New Journal of Physics 21, 113007 (2019).
- Yangmu Li, R. Zhong, M. B. Stone, A. I. Kolesnikov, G. D. Gu, I. A. Zaliznyak, J. M. Tranquada. Antiferromagnetic spin gap limits the coherent superconducting gap in cuprates, Physical Review B 98, 224508 (2018).
- E. H. da Silva Neto, M. Minola, B. Yu, W. Tabis, M. Bluschke, D. Unruh, H. Suzuki, Yangmu Li, G. Yu, D. Betto, K. Kummer, F. Yakhou, N. B. Brookes, M. Le Tacon, M. Greven, B. Keimer, and A. Damascelli, Coupling between dynamic magnetic and charge-order correlations in the cuprate superconductor Nd2−xCexCuO4, Physical Review B 98, 161114 (2018).
- E. H. da Silva Neto, B. Yu, M. Minola, R. Sutarto, E. Schierle, F. Boschini, M. Zonno, M. Bluschke, J. Higgins, Y. Jiang, Yangmu Li, G. Yu, E. Weschke, F. He, M. Le Tacon, R. L. Greene, M. Greven, G. A. Sawatzky, B. Keimer, and A. Damascelli, Doping dependent charge order correlations in electron-doped cuprates, Science Advances 2, 1600782 (2016).
- Yangmu Li, W. Tabis, E. M. Motoyama, G. Yu, N. Barišić and M. Greven, Hidden Fermi-liquid charge transport in the antiferromagnetic phase of the electron-doped cuprate superconductors, Physical Review Letter 117, 197001 (2016).
- M. K. Chan, M. Veit, C. Dorow, G. Yang, Yangmu Li, W. Tabis, Y. Tang, X. Zhao, N. Barišić, and M. Greven. In-Plane Magnetoresistance Obeys Kohler's Rule in the Pseudogap Phase of Cuprate Superconductors. Physical Review Letter 113, 177005 (2014).
- Yuan Li, G. Yu, M. K. Chan, V. Balédent, Yangmu Li, N. Barišić, X. Zhao, K. Hradil, R. A. Mole, Y. Sidis, P. Steffens, P. Bourges & M. Greven, Two Ising like collective magnetic excitations in a single-layer cuprate superconductor. Nature Physics 8, 404 (2012)