Soft Matter Group
Soft & Biomolecular Materials Staff Profiles
- Ph.D. 2003: Physics, Universite' Pierre et Marie Curie, PARIS VI,
- B.S. 1998: Physics (Cum Laude), Universita' della Calabria, Cosenza,
- "Pierre Favard"
Award 2005, French Society of Microscopy (for outstanding graduate
research performed with microscopy techniques)
- Nanostructured Materials with Special Wettability
- Wetting and Capillary Phenomena: Nanoscale Effects
- Computational Studies of Wetting on Chemically Inhomogeneous
- Template-directed Self-Assembly of Block Copolymer Thin-Films
- Self Assembled Monolayers (SAM): Structure, Wettability and Chemical
Patterning by Scanning Probe and UV lithographies
- Wettabilty and Phase transition of nanoscale atmospheric
- Scanning Probe Microscopy Techniques (with emphasis on Environmental
Robust Superhydrophobicity in Large-Area Nanostructured Surfaces Defined
by Block-Copolymer Self Assembly, A. Checco, A. Rahman, and C. T.
Black, Advanced Materials, DOI: 10.1002/ 33 adma.201304006
Assembly of P3HT:PCBM Blend Films Using A Chemical Template with Sub-300
nm Features, D. S. Germack, A. Checco, and B. M. Ocko ACS Nano
7, 1990 (2013)
Thin Wetting Films on Chemically Nanostructured Surfaces, A. Checco,
B. M. Ocko, M. Tasinkevych, and S. Dietrich Phys Rev. Lett.
109, 166101 (2012)
Block copolymer self-assembly in chemically patterned squares, J. Xu,
T. P. Russell, B. M. Ocko and A. Checco Soft Matter 7,
Morphology of Air
Nanobubbles Trapped at Hydrophobic Nanopatterned Surfaces, A. Checco,
T. Hofmann, E. DiMasi, C.T. Black and B.M. Ocko, Nano Lett.,
10, 1354 (2010)
Directed Self-Assembly of Block
Copolymers on Two-Dimensional Chemical Patterns Fabricated by
Electro-Oxidation Nanolithography, J. Xu, S. Park, S. Wang, T. P.
Russell, B. M. Ocko, A. Checco, Adv. Mater. 22,
under nanoscale confinement, A. Checco, Phys Rev. Lett.
102, 106103 (2009)
- Liquid nanostripes, A. Checco,
O. Gang and B.M. Ocko, Phys Rev. Lett. 96, 056104
resolution non-contact AFM imaging of liquids condensed onto chemically
nanopatterned surfaces, A. Checco, Y. Cai, O. Gang and B.M. Ocko,
Ultramicroscopy 106, 703, 2006.
- Nanoscale wettability of
self-assembled monolayers investigated by non-contact Atomic Force
Microscopy, A. Checco, J. Daillant, P. M. Guenoun and R. Boukherroub
Langmuir 2, 126 (2006).
- Nonlinear dependence of the
contact angle of nanodroplets on contact line curvature, A. Checco,
J. Daillant and P. M. Guenoun, Phys Rev. Lett. 91,
Last Modified: February 4, 2014
Please forward all questions about this site to: