Who changed the Laboratory Main Gate Access Procedures and why?
Procedural changes on how users access the main gate and their associated web access forms were changed by the Safeguards & Security Division. Below is the explanation on why they made these changes. Excerpts from the Monday Memo, Vol. 6, No. 16
NEW LABORATORY ACCESS PROCEDURES TAKE EFFECT SEPTEMBER 7
Effective September 7, 2004 there will be a couple of changes in Laboratory access procedures. The following changes are being implemented in order to comply with DOE regulations and/or meet Brookhaven's training requirements:
Changes to the Visitor Notification Form and the process for visitors who do not hold valid BNL identification badges, as follows:
- The Main Gate Access Form found at https://www.bnl.gov/gateaccess, must be completed for all unbadged visitors. more...
- Temporary passes for visits of three days or less will be issued at the Main Gate.
- Visitors planning to stay longer than three days can obtain an extension from the Building 30 Badging Office.
- Only BNL and Brookhaven Site Office employees or points of contact for contract employees will be able to submit a Visitor Notification Form. more...
- All non-U.S. citizen visitors who do not hold valid BNL identification badges must first complete the guest registration form found at https://fsd84.bis.bnl.gov/guest/guestRegist.asp.
- New temporary visitor passes will include a photo of the individual.
Thank you for your assistance in helping us to implement these new requirements.