International Services

Visa Categories

Listed below are the Visa categories that are primarily used at Brookhaven National Laboratory.

Please note that these visa types are used to gain physical access onto BNL site and not all are acceptable for employment or conducting business / research activities.

  • B-1 Temporary visitor for business
  • B-2 Temporary visitor for pleasure
  • F-1 Academic Student
  • F-2 Spouse or child of F-1
  • H-1B Specialty Occupations
  • J-1 Visas for exchange visitors
  • J-2 Spouse or child of J-1
  • O-1 Extraordinary ability in Sciences, Arts, Education, Business, or Athletics.
  • O-3 Spouse or child of O-1 or O-2.
  • TN Trade visas for Canadians and Mexicans
  • TPS Temporary Protected Status.
  • H-4 Spouse or child of H-1, H-2, H-3
  • O-2 Alienís (support) accompanying O-1


Top of Page

Last Modified: February 15, 2018
Please forward all questions about this site to: