Know Your Responsibilities
While the Immigration Group will do everything in their power to ensure a
smooth and pleasant stay for you here at Brookhaven National Laboratory you
are responsible for the following:
- Knowing the rules that govern the program that you are participating
in the Laboratory (H-1B, J-1, etc.)
- Know any and all expiration dates associated with your status.
- Keeping in contact with the Immigration Group in Human Resources.
- Immediately reporting to the Immigration Group any changes to your
program participation, this includes your residential address.
- Safeguarding all immigration documents in your possession.
- Contacting the Immigration Group of Human Resources at least 2-3
weeks prior to any travel.
- All requests for letters regarding visa applications for
BNL business travel must come from Department. (Supervisor
or Admin.) in an email and the following information should
be provided in the request: dates of travel, country of
travel, institution being visited, purpose of travel, Host
contact information in foreign country.
Last Modified: February 12, 2014
Please forward all questions about this site to: