- Nuclear & Particle Physics
- Isotope Research & Production
- RIKEN BNL Research Center
Application Submission Guidelines
The instructions below will guide you through the application submission process.
All applications must be completed online. Only completed applications will be reviewed by the course coordinators. The application for the 2023 NNSS Course will request the following information from the applicant:
- Personal contact information (including an email that will be valid throughout the course)
- Contact information for the person writing the letter of recommendation
- Detailed contact information for your undergraduate and graduate institutions
- Transcripts of your undergraduate and graduate records (official or non-official). If you are currently a professional and attained your graduate degree over three years ago, please upload your CV in place of the transcript(s).
The Department of Energy has Directives regarding the use and protection of personally identifiable information (PII)* on its computer systems. To minimize the risk of identity theft, and to protect applicants, any submitted transcripts or application materials must have all social security numbers and/or dates of birth removed (blanked out, blackened out, made illegible, etc.) prior to uploading into the application system. Any applications found to contain PII in the form of Social Security numbers and/or dates of birth will be deemed non-compliant and will be disqualified from participation in this program. *PII includes, but is not limited to, date of birth, social security number or other unique identifying numbers.
- One letter of recommendation and two academic/professional references
- Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Must be 18 years of age or older as of July 17, 2023
- Be in or entering graduate school or employed in a relevant field
- Be able to attend the full eight days of the course
- Be a US citizen or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) or be legally authorized to study or work in the US
- Non-U.S. citizens are provisionally admitted to the course pending approval in Brookhaven Lab's Guest Information System (GIS). Information on submitting a guest registration request, including submission requirements and deadlines, will be provided by the course organizers after provisional admission. GIS approval must be received prior to the start of the course in order to participate.
- Letter of recommendation must be submitted from your reference person by April 17, 2023
All applications must be submitted online by April 14, 2023. All applicants will receive notification of acceptance by April 24, 2023.