Physics Questions to be addressed by the Working Groups
- What is the nature of the phase transition between nuclear matter
and quark matter? (How does this type of matter return to its usual
forms observed in our detectors?) How does hadronization work? Is there
evidence for deconfinement?
- How does the clearly evident thermodynamic character of a high
energy heavy ion collision evolve from the zero entropy initial state?
How does the collision thermalize so quickly?
- What are the properties of strongly coupled quark gluon plasma?
Transport properties? Medium properties: Resonant states? Collision
probability? Screening length?
- Is chiral symmetry restored? When in the collision and what are the
- What can non-equilibrium field theory tell us about: Initial state?
Is there a color glass condensate? Thermalization? Medium properties?
- What is the structure and dynamics inside the proton? What is the
spin structure of the nucleon? Is parity violation important?
- Are there exotic hadrons that can be studied at RHIC II?
Last Modified: March 19, 2009