Sponsor Application Guidance
National Aeronautics and Space Agency (NASA)
NASA's mission is to pioneer the future in space exploration, scientific discovery and aeronautics research. They seek to develop innovative technologies, knowledge, and infrastructures to support decisions for human exploration and to promote international and commercial participation in U.S. exploration efforts.
How to Apply
Proposals are submitted through NASA's "Solicitation and Proposal Integrated Review and Evaluation System" electronic system (see NSPIRES website). This web-based system supports the entire lifecycle of NASA research solicitation and awards, from the release of solicitation announcements through the peer review and selection process, to awards management and publication of research results. The PI must register in the NSPIRES system to prepare proposals and Research Partnerships and Technology Transfer Office (RPTT) submits the proposal on behalf of BNL.NASA Applicant Guide NSPIRES Website
Principal Investigator (PI) Responsibilities
Register on the NSPIRES website:
- Click either “Getting an Account” on the left side panel or “Registration Information” on the right side panel.
- Once registered, the NSPIRES system sends an email to BNL's Research Partnerships and Technology Transfer Office (RPTT) to link the account to BNL. Contact the RPTT to coordinate this step.
- Important: Make sure all team members create their own accounts. Each team member listed on the proposal must create own user account and certify the proposal.
Prepare a proposal on the NSPIRES website:
- Click “Proposals/NOIs”
- Click “Create Proposal” on right side of screen
- Select Proposal Source accordingly (open solicitations, notice-of-intent, or collaborative proposal)
- Enter proposal title and select BNL as the submitting organization.
- Complete each proposal section as required by the solicitation and it must be in PDF format.
Release the proposal to the RPTT for submission:
- Click “Check Elements” button to confirm requirements have been met. Red X - errors that must be corrected; Green check mark - all other elements have passed requirements
- Click “Generate” to view proposal – this creates a PDF titled “Draft Proposal” for ease of review
- Click “Release to Organization” to allow the RPTT to review and submit proposal
Other Useful NASA Links and Information
(631) 344-5160, firstname.lastname@example.org
(631) 344-4656, email@example.com
Contracts and Agreements
(631) 344-7549, firstname.lastname@example.org
(631) 344-4711, email@example.com
(631) 344-4153, firstname.lastname@example.org