Sponsor Application Guidance
New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
Clean energy can power New York while protecting the environment. The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, known as NYSERDA, promotes energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources. These efforts are key to developing a less polluting and more reliable and affordable energy system for all New Yorkers. Collectively, NYSERDA’s efforts aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, accelerate economic growth, and reduce customer energy bills.
NYSERDA works with stakeholders throughout New York including residents, business owners, developers, community leaders, local government officials, university researchers, utility representatives, investors, and entrepreneurs. NYSERDA partners with them to develop, invest, and foster the conditions that:
- Attract the private sector capital investment needed expand New York’s clean energy economy
- Overcome barriers to using clean energy at a large-scale in New York
- Enable New York’s communities and residents to benefit from energy efficiency and renewable energy
Governed by a 13-member Board, NYSERDA has provided objective information and analysis, technical expertise, and support in New York State since 1975.
Advance innovative energy solutions in ways that improve New York's economy and environment.
Serve as a catalyst – advancing energy innovation, technology, and investment; transforming New York's economy; and empowering people to choose clean and efficient energy as part of their everyday lives.
How to ApplyNYSERDA Solicitation User Guide
Principal Investigator (PI) Responsibilities
Please contact the Proposal Center to find out who has recently submitted successful proposals to this Sponsor.
- All Users will need a NYSERDA Portal account.
- Login with your NYSERDA Portal Username & Password credentials, or create an account if you do not have already have one.
- Once registered, check your email for the autogenerated NYSERDA Portal Welcome email, and your assigned username to log back into the system.
- You will be prompted to upload required files as part of the submission process.
- Files are accessible for modification/edits until the due date at 5pm • The electronic proposal system closes promptly at 5pm Eastern Time on the due date of the solicitation. Files in process or attempted for submission after 5pm will be locked out of the system and not accepted.
- The electronic file names should include the proposing entity’s name in the title of the document. • Note: There is an 80-character limit.
- You may submit Word, Excel, or PDF files (file formats can include csv, doc, docx, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, ppt, pptx, pps, ppsx, tif, txt, xls, xlsx, and zip). Individual files should be 100MB or lesser in file size. 7. PDF files must be searchable and therefore should be converted directly from an electronic document to PDF. Files should not be scanned.
- After all necessary files have been uploaded, review them on the Proposal Documents/Concept Paper Documents step to ensure that your proposal is complete and accurate.
- Click the “Submit” Button to confirm submission
- You will then be brought to an Authorized Signature and Certification page summarizing the information you entered. An auto-generated confirmation of submission e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address you entered. Please save this e-mail.
- When choosing to submit files electronically, the award/non-award notification letter will be sent to the e-mail address of the Primary Contact listed on the Proposal Checklist.
Other Useful NYSERDA Links and Information
(631) 344-5160, email@example.com
(631) 344-4656, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contracts and Agreements
(631) 344-7549, email@example.com
(631) 344-4711, firstname.lastname@example.org
(631) 344-4153, email@example.com