Helpful hints for attendees to make your visit to Brookhaven National Laboratory and attendance at this event a pleasant one...
Physics Department, Bldg 510, Large Seminar Room
- located on Pennsylvania Street.
Directions & Maps
Note: The Workshop will host a dinner at no charge to registered participants on Thursday evening, April 24, at the Brookhaven Center.
Access to BNL
- GIS Registration Information for Non-U.S.
Citizens - If you are a
Non-U.S. Citizen, you must complete a Guest Registration Form in addition to
the Workshop Registration.
Due to a required review process, ALL Non-U.S. Citizen attendees
must be registered and approved in the BNL Guest Information
System (GIS) before they will be allowed access to the site. Registering in the BNL Guest Information System (GIS) does not
automatically register you for this event.
- If you have a valid BNL ID badge, stay in the LEFT LANE as you enter
BNL. To be valid, the date on the bottom of your ID badge must be
- If you do not have a BNL badge or it's expired, stay in the RIGHT
LANE as you enter BNL. Inform the guard you are attending the Understanding QGP through Spectral Functions and Euclidean Correlators. You may be requested to check in at the security
Proper Visitor Identification is required. Allow sufficient time for gate
check-in. You may experience delays due to meeting attendance and the
usual morning traffic.
Proper Visitor Identification is required.
Any changes to the program for the meeting or workshops will be posted
online. Go to the Event Homepage and click on
Weather Conditions at Brookhaven
Please always dress accordingly. If there is very inclement weather and you
think there is a possibility of BNL either having a delayed opening or being
closed for the day, you may call extension x4636 (INFO) from an onsite BNL
telephone. If calling from an offsite telephone or from a cell phone, please
Three computer terminals are located in Berkner Hall (Bldg. 488) for internet access or
accessing your email during the meeting. You may also use the local network jacks
to connect your own laptop as well. If attendees bring laptops, PDAs, etc.
that will require internet access during the meeting, then these
devices must be registered in BNL's Network Access Registration
database in order to access the internet. Contact the Event
Coordinator or the
ITD Helpdesk for access instructions.
Fax machines are located in Berkner Hall (Bldg. 488) for those who require faxing
services. The phone number for Berkner Hall's fax machine is (631) 344-5568.
For questions regarding on-site housing registration requirements
for Non-BNL/DOE and Non-U.S. Citizen attendees, please contact the
Housing Office - Reservations: (631) 344-2541 or 344-2551, Email:
If you require transportation while at BNL, the options are:
Courtesy Van (limited service)
- There is an onsite BNL Courtesy Van service available Monday through
Friday from 8:30 to 4:15. To arrange a ride, please call extension x2714
from a BNL phone. If calling from an offsite telephone or from a cell
phone, please call 1-631-344-2714.
Enterprise Rental Car (located onsite at BNL)
- Call (631) 344-4888
Taxi and Limousine Service (for destinations to/from BNL) - Please
note that if you have made arrangements for a taxi or limousine to come
on site to pick you up after the workshop, a Gate Pass must be
completed in order for them to get through the Main Gate. Please see
Coordinator upon arrival for the details.
Visitor Identification Requirements
- Proceedings Information for
- General Information about Brookhaven
- Food on Site: Dinner service
is no longer available on Saturday or Sunday evenings so please make sure you eat
before you arrive or make other arrangements for those evenings.
Schedule of the cafeteria and the Center Restaurant
- Housing Office Information: The Housing Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 12 midnight and on Sunday from 4 pm to midnight. It is located in the new Research Support Building (Bldg. 400) located on Brookhaven Avenue. If you are arriving after midnight or during the weekend, you will have to pick up your keys at Police Headquarters, located in Building 50 on Upton Road. If you obtain your keys from Police Headquarters, you will have to go to the Housing Office during regular hours to pay your housing bill and any telephone charges you may have incurred. Before leaving, you must check out with the Housing Office and return your key. To contact the Housing Office, please call (631) 344-2541 or 344-2551 or e-mail to
Last Modified: December 27, 2007