- HTS has potential to make a significant impact on IR Design
- Can generate high fields
- Can work at elevated temperature
- New “conductor friendly designs” allow HTS “React & Wind” technology to be incorporated in accelerator magnets
- HTS has reached a level that one can do meaningful magnet R&D and address various technical issues
- The recent test results from Brookhaven are encouraging.
- Time to start HTS magnet R&D is now so that we can make a better informed decision (in ~5 years) about the feasibility of
HTS in next project or upgrade of existing one at that time