Lectures given by Ramesh Gupta as a part of Superconducting Magnet course offered by the United States Particle Accelerator School (USPAS). This winter course was held at the Arizona State University in Phoenix, Arizona during January 16-20, 2006. The other part of the course was given by Animesh Jain.
(1) Introduction to Superconducting Magnets
Magnetic Design (3-6)
(3) Magnetic Design: General Principles (Write-up)
(4) Magnetic Design: Coil Optimization
(5) Magnetic Design: Yoke Optimization
(6) Field Quality Adjustment After Initial Design
(7) Field Errors and Their Estimates in Modern Superconducting Magnets
(8) Field Quality as a Tool to Monitor Magnet Production
(9) HTS Magnet Designs and Technology
(10) Alternate Designs for Special Magnets
(11) High Field Magnet Designs and Technology
USPAS06 Superconducting Accelerator Magnets Course Homepage
Thesis of Ramesh Gupta (it contains a detailed write-up on some of the above topics).
Click here for the rest of the lectures given by Animesh Jain at USPAS06
Click here for information on a tutorial on superconducting accelerator magnets.
U.S. Particle Accelerator School Homepage
CERN Particle Accelerator School Homepage
Some Other Courses on Superconducting Accelerator Magnets given by Ramesh Gupta and Animesh Jain
Return to Ramesh Gupta's Homepage