- Nuclear & Particle Physics
- Isotope Research & Production
- RIKEN BNL Research Center
This workshop provides an opportunity for Brookhaven Lab's Nuclear and Particle Physics Directorate to share the on-going research programs and projects in nuclear and particle physics, isotope research and production program, and various programs at the operating facilities with faculty and students from Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) for exploration of future research collaborations.
We will also share our experience with the current student programs for STEM workforce development. MSI faculty can present their research interest and plans for strengthening STEM workforce development with Brookhaven National Laboratory.
Tuesday, July 18
- High Energy Physics Program
- Nuclear Physics Program
- Accelerator Program, including space radiation.
- Isotope Program
- C-AD accelerator complex and experimental facilities
- Facilities and laboratory of Isotope program
- Laboratories in Physics Department (B510)
Wednesday, July 19
- Research interest in nuclear and particle physics
- Collaboration on STEM workforce development
- BNL Office of Education Program
- Student traineeship programs
- Summary of opportunities for joint research activities.
- Noel Blackburn (BNL)
- Cliff Brutus (BNL)
- Mateus Carneiro (BNL)
- Maria Chamizo Llatas (BNL)
- David Chan (BNL)
- Mickey Chiu (BNL)
- Cathy Cutler (BNL)
- Wolfram Fischer (BNL)
- Ray Fliller (BNL)
- Kayla Hernandez (BNL)
- Hong Ma (BNL/Chair)
- Stacyann Nelson (Howard U.)
- Leesa Allen (BNL)
- Erica Lamar (BNL)
- Jackie Rivera (BNL)
- Menzel Smith-Jones (BNL)
Registered participants are invited to attend the welcome reception which will be held in the Physics Department (Bldg. 510), Seminar Lounge on Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 5:30 p.m. at no cost. Directions
BNL Facility Tours
There will be tours of facilities and laboratories in C-AD, Physics Department and other organizations in the afternoon on Tuesday, July 18, 2023.
When booking your reservation, you may need to guarantee your room with a credit card. Check with your hotel about their cancellation policy and if they offer shuttle service. Details...
|May 19, 2023||General registration opens|
|June 18, 2023||Additional non-U.S. citizens registration deadline for all participants who do not have an active appointment with Brookhaven Lab|
|July 1, 2023||General registration closes|