Download Agenda (pdf)
All times are in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Conner Prochaska, Chief Commercialization Officer, Department of Energy and Director, Office of Technology Transitions, will lead the Summit.
Day 1: Wednesday, October 7th
- 1:15 – 1:20 p.m. Summit Program Kick-off: Conner Prochaska, Chief Commercialization Officer, Department of Energy and Director, Office of Technology Transitions
- 1:20 – 1:25 p.m. Welcome Remarks: Doon Gibbs, Lab Director, Brookhaven National Laboratory
- 1:25 – 1:35 p.m. Keynote: Department of Energy Quantum Perspective, Dan Brouillette, U.S. Secretary of Energy
- 1:35 – 1:50 p.m. Department of Energy Quantum Science Perspective, Paul Dabbar, Under Secretary for Science
- 1:50 – 2:00 p.m. Congressional Perspective
- 2:00 – 2:30 p.m. Keynote: Dario Gil, Director, IBM Research
- 2:30 – 3:00 p.m. NETWORKING BREAK
- 3:00 – 3:45 p.m.
Panel: Considerations for Building the U.S. Quantum Economy
- Moderator, Rima Kasia Oueid, Commercialization Executive, Office of Technology Transitions, Department of Energy
- Celia Merzbacher, Associate Director Quantum Economic Development Consortium
- Saikat Guha, Associate Professor at University of Arizona, College of Optical Sciences
- Carl Williams, Deputy Director, Physical Measurement Laboratory at National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Matt Langione, Principal, Boston Consulting Group
- 3:45 – 4:30 p.m.
Panel: Quantum Computing Infrastructure
- Moderator, Barbara Helland, Associate Director, Advanced Scientific Computing Research (ASCR), U.S. Department of Energy
- Susan Clark, Principal Member of Technical Staff, Optical Engineering, Sandia National Laboratory
- John Martinis, Research Scientist and Professor of Physics, University of California at Santa Barbara
- Chad Rigetti, CEO, Rigetti Computing
- Jeremy O’Brien, CEO, PsiQuantum
- 4:30 – 4:45 p.m. Closeout & Summary, Kerstin Kleese van Dam, Director, Computational Science Initiative, Brookhaven National Laboratory
Day 2: Thursday, October 8th
- 1:00 – 1:10 p.m. Opening Remarks – Kelvin K. Droegemeier, Director of The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- 1:10 – 2:00 p.m.
Panel: Quantum Networking & Communication
- Moderator, David Awschalom, Liew Family Professor, University of Chicago; Q-NEXT Director and Quantum Group Leader, Argonne National Laboratory; Director, Chicago Quantum Exchange
- Raymond T. Newell, Quantum Communications Team Leader, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Duncan Earl, President & CTO, Qubitekk
- Kathy-Anne Soderberg, Senior Research Scientist, Air Force Research Lab
- Eden Figueroa, Joint Appointee, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Instrumentation Division and Computational Science Initiative; Professor and Quantum Information Technology Group Lead, Stony Brook University
- Maria Spiropulu, Shang-Yi Ch’en Professor of Physics, Caltech
- 2:00 – 2:45 p.m.
Panel: Quantum Workforce Development
- Moderator, Chenelle Bonavito Martinez, Vice President, STEM Talent Programs, New York Academy of Sciences
- Harriet Kung, Deputy Director for Science Programs in the Office of Science, Department of Energy
- Maurie D. McInnis, President, Stony Brook University
- William Oliver, Associate Professor, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science; Laboratory Fellow, Lincoln Laboratory; Director, Center for Quantum Engineering; Associate Director, Research Laboratory of Electronics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2:45 – 3:15 p.m. NETWORKING BREAK
- 3:15 – 4:00 p.m.
Panel: Department of Energy Investments & Capabilities in
Quantum Materials R&D
- Moderator, Linda Horton, Associate Director of Science for Basic Energy Sciences, Department of Energy, Office of Science
- Mark Ritter, Chair, Physical Sciences Council at IBM Research
- Jim Misewich, Associate Lab Director, Energy Sciences, Brookhaven National Laboratory
- Ben Lawrie, Research Scientist, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Laura Greene, Chief Scientist, National High Magnetic Field Laboratory and Krafft Professor of Physics, Florida State University
- 4:00 – 4:45 p.m.
Panel: Quantum Computing Software, Architecture
- Moderator, Horst Simon, Deputy Director for Research, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Martin Roetteler, Principal Research Manager, Microsoft Quantum
- Prineha Narang, Assistant Professor, John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Harvard University
- Nathan Wiebe, Senior Scientist, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Chris Brown, Director, Quantum Solutions, Zapata Computing
- 4:45 – 4:50 p.m. Closing Comments, Conner Prochaska, Chief Commercialization Officer, Department of Energy and Director, Office of Technology Transitions
- 4:50 – 5:05 p.m. Day 2 Summary, Barbara Helland, Associate Director, Advanced Scientific Computing Research (ASCR), U.S. Department of Energy