- Nuclear & Particle Physics
- Isotope Research & Production
- RIKEN BNL Research Center
Funding for Collaborating on Wood Heater Innovation: Info Session Friday, 6/16
June 14, 2023
The U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Brookhaven National Laboratory and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory will oversee a cooperative research and development agreement (CRADA) to help reduce pollutants produced by wood heaters. The goal for this CRADA is to accelerate wood heater innovations and develop the next generation of clean, efficient wood heaters.
Funded by DOE's Bioenergy Technology Office, at least $4 million will be available for this competitively selected CRADA call. Up to four projects will be selected with project durations of 12–18 months.
All who are interested in learning more are invited to a webinar, being held from 1 to 2 p.m. EDT on Friday, June 16, on Zoom. Register today.
Research projects may include the following:
- Improving performance of commercial wood heaters through design optimization/modifications
- Developing and validating performance of wood heater retrofit devices
- Developing and validating performance of post-combustion wood heater technologies (catalysts and electrostatic precipitators, for example)
- Supporting field testing to better quantify heater performance, including advising on data collection of best practices and equipment, interpreting data collected, and understanding how collected data could be used to improve heater performance
The deadline to submit a concept paper is Aug. 11 and final proposals are due Nov. 3. Additional information is available from the Wood Heater Innovation Collaboration website.
2023-21307 | INT/EXT | Newsroom