Condensed Matter Theory, Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science Department
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science Department
P.O. Box 5000
Upton, NY 11973-5000
Alexei Tsvelik is CMT group leader. He joined BNL at 2001. In subsequent years he has held several visiting appontments in France (Ecole Normale, Institure Henry Poincare, Orsay), Italy (Galileo Institute, Florence;ICTP, Trieste) and Germany (University of Dusseldorf, LMU Munich).
Strongly correlated systems, low dimensional magnetism, superconductivity. Integrable systems.
Graduated from Moscow Physical Technical Institute in 1977. PhD in theoretical physics in 1980.
- Tsvelik AM (2020) Simulating Exotic Phases of Matter with Bond-Directed Interactions with Arrays of Majorana-Cooper Pair Boxes. Physical Review Letters. doi: 10.1103/physrevlett.125.197202
- König EJ, Coleman P, Tsvelik AM (2020) Spin magnetometry as a probe of stripe superconductivity in twisted bilayer graphene. Physical Review B. doi: 10.1103/physrevb.102.104514
- Tsvelik AM (2019) Superconductor-metal transition in odd-frequency–paired superconductor in a magnetic field. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 116:12729–12732. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1902928116
- James AJA, Konik RM, Lecheminant P, Robinson NJ, Tsvelik AM (2018) Non-perturbative methodologies for low-dimensional strongly-correlated systems: From non-Abelian bosonization to truncated spectrum methods. Reports on Progress in Physics 81:046002. doi: 10.1088/1361-6633/aa91ea
- Tsvelik AM (2016) Fractionalized Fermi liquid in a Kondo-Heisenberg model. Physical Review B. doi: 10.1103/physrevb.94.165114
- Azaria P, Konik RM, Lecheminant P, Pálmai T, Takács G, Tsvelik AM (2016) Particle formation and ordering in strongly correlated fermionic systems: Solving a model of quantum chromodynamics. Physical Review D. doi: 10.1103/physrevd.94.045003
APS Fellow 2002, Brookhaven Science and Technology Award 2006, Alexander von Humboldt Prize 2014.