- Nuclear & Particle Physics
- Isotope Research & Production
- RIKEN BNL Research Center
Research Staff 6 Physics, Simulations, National Synchrotron Light Source II
Oleg Chubar (/Tchoubar) is the Simulations Group Leader in the Experiment Development Program of the Photon Science Division of NSLS-II at BNL.
Electrodynamics of synchrotron radiation, insertion devices, physical optics and its applications in beamlines of light source facilities, scientific software development.
Development of algorithms and software for simulation of partially-coherent synchrotron radiation, including the processes of emission and propagation through beamline optics, as well as interaction of the synchrotron radiation with samples in experiments exploiting coherence and brightness of modern light source facilities; development of numerically-efficient 3D magnetostatics computation methods and software for magnetic simulations for insertion devices and other types of magnets; performing calculations in these and related areas for NSLS-II beamlines and experiments.
- Ph.D. 1995: Physics, Moscow Engineering Physics Institute, Russia (rus.: candidate of physical and mathematical sciences)
- M.S. 1991: Physics, Moscow Engineering Physics Institute, Russia
- B.S. 1989: Physics, Moscow Engineering Physics Institute, USSR
- Simulations Group Leader in the Experiment Development Program of the Photon Science Division of NSLS-II at BNL
- Non Salaried Senior Research Scientist, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Stony Brook University
- Chubar OV (1995) Precise computation of electron-beam radiation in nonuniform magnetic fields as a tool for beam diagnostics. Review of Scientific Instruments 66:1872–1874. doi: 10.1063/1.1145810
- Chubar O, Elleaume P, Chavanne J (1998) A three-dimensional magnetostatics computer code for insertion devices. Journal of Synchrotron Radiation 5:481–484. doi: 10.1107/s0909049597013502
- Chubar O, Elleaume P, Snigirev A (1999) Phase analysis and focusing of synchrotron radiation. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment 435:495–508. doi: 10.1016/s0168-9002(99)00581-1
- Chubar O, Couprie M-E, Labat M, Lambert G, Polack F, Tcherbakoff O (2008) Time-dependent FEL wavefront propagation calculations: Fourier optics approach. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment 593:30–34. doi: 10.1016/j.nima.2008.04.058
- Chubar O, Chu YS, Kaznatcheev K, Yan H (2011) Application of partially coherent wavefront propagation calculations for design of coherence-preserving synchrotron radiation beamlines. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment 649:118–122. doi: 10.1016/j.nima.2010.11.134
- Chubar O, Celestre R (2019) Memory and CPU efficient computation of the Fresnel free-space propagator in Fourier optics simulations. Optics Express 27:28750. doi: 10.1364/oe.27.028750
- Lambert G, Hara T, Garzella D, Tanikawa T, Labat M, Carre B, Kitamura H, Shintake T, Bougeard M, Inoue S, Tanaka Y, Salieres P, Merdji H, Chubar O, Gobert O, Tahara K, Couprie M-E (2008) Injection of harmonics generated in gas in a free-electron laser providing intense and coherent extreme-ultraviolet light. Nature Physics 4:296–300. doi: 10.1038/nphys889
- Bachelard R, Mercère P, Idir M, Couprie M-E, Labat M, Chubar O, Lambert G, Zeitoun P, Kimura H, Ohashi H, Higashiya A, Yabashi M, Nagasono M, Hara T, Ishikawa T (2011) Wavefront Analysis of Nonlinear Self-Amplified Spontaneous-Emission Free-Electron Laser Harmonics in the Single-Shot Regime. Physical Review Letters. doi: 10.1103/physrevlett.106.234801
- Blednykh A, Bacha B, Bassi G, Cheng W, Chubar O, Derbenev A, Lindberg R, Rakitin M, Smaluk V, Zhernenkov M, Chen-Wiegart YK, Wiegart L (2018) New aspects of longitudinal instabilities in electron storage rings. Scientific Reports. doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-30306-y
- Smaluk V, Li Y, Hidaka Y, Tanabe T, Chubar O, Wiegart L, Blednykh A, Bacha B, Shaftan T (2019) Effect of undulators on magnet lattice and emittance. Physical Review Accelerators and Beams. doi: 10.1103/physrevaccelbeams.22.124001
- Chubar O, Geloni G, Kocharyan V, Madsen A, Saldin E, Serkez S, Shvyd'ko Y, Sutter J (2016) Ultra-high-resolution inelastic X-ray scattering at high-repetition-rate self-seeded X-ray free-electron lasers. Journal of Synchrotron Radiation 23:410–424. doi: 10.1107/s1600577515024844
- Roling S, Zacharias H, Samoylova L, Sinn H, Tschentscher T, Chubar O, Buzmakov A, Schneidmiller E, Yurkov MV, Siewert F, Braun S, Gawlitza P (2014) Time-dependent wave front propagation simulation of a hard x-ray split-and-delay unit: Towards a measurement of the temporal coherence properties of x-ray free electron lasers. Physical Review Special Topics - Accelerators and Beams. doi: 10.1103/physrevstab.17.110705