Res Staff 5 Physics, National Nuclear Data Center, Nuclear Science and Technology Department
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Nuclear Science and Technology Department
P.O. Box 5000
Upton, NY 11973-5000
Preferred Gender Pronouns (PGPs): he, him, his
Dr. Nobre is a scientist and nuclear reaction data evaluator in the National Nuclear Data Center (NNDC) at Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL). He has a Ph.D. in Nuclear Physics from the University of São Paulo, Brazil, on heavy-ion fusion under advisory of Prof. Dr. Luiz C. Chamon. Before joining BNL he was a postdoc at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), under supervision of Dr. Ian J. Thompson, to develop microscopic coupled-channel models for nucleon-induced reactions. Dr. Nobre has experience in nuclear reaction code and model development, fast-neutron reaction evaluations, with recent focus on structural materials nad deformed nuclei, and interest in predictive calculations. He also assists in managing the ENDF library.
- 2011 to 2015 - Postdoctoral research associate at the National Nuclear Data Center (NNDC), Brookhaven National Laboratory, NY.
- 2008 to 2011 - Postdoctoral researcher at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, CA.
- Jun. 2007 - Ph.D. obtained on the work "Estudo do Potencial de Polarização e Fusão de Íons Pesados" (Study of the Polarization Potential and Fusion of Heavy Ions) at the Physics Institute of the Universidade de São Paulo, in São Paulo, Brazil.
- Oct. to Dec. 2005 - Internship at the University of Surrey, UK.
- Dec. 2002 - B.Sc. degree at the Physics Institute of the Universidade de São Paulo, in São Paulo, Brazil.
- Oct. 2020 to present - Scientist, NNDC, BNL.
- Oct. 2017 to Sep. 2020 - Associate Scientist, NNDC, BNL.
- Jul. 2015 to Sep. 2017 - Assistant Scientist, NNDC, BNL.
- Jun. 2011 to Jun 2015 - Postdoctoral research associate, NNDC, BNL.
- Apr. 2008 to Apr. 2011 - Postdoctoral researcher (N-Division), LLNL.
- Nobre GPA, Pigni MT, Brown DA, Capote R, Trkov A, Guber KH, Arcilla R, Gutierrez J, Cuadra A, Arbanas G, Kos B, Bernard D, Leconte P (2021) Newly Evaluated Neutron Reaction Data on Chromium Isotopes. Nuclear Data Sheets 173:1–41. doi: 10.1016/j.nds.2021.04.002
- Nobre GPA, Brown DA, Herman MW, Golas A (2020) Constraining level densities through quantitative correlations with cross-section data. Physical Review C. doi: 10.1103/physrevc.101.034608
- Brown DA, Chadwick MB, Capote R, Kahler AC, Trkov A, et al. (2018) ENDF/B-VIII.0: The 8 th Major Release of the Nuclear Reaction Data Library with CIELO-project Cross Sections, New Standards and Thermal Scattering Data. Nuclear Data Sheets 148:1–142. doi: 10.1016/j.nds.2018.02.001
- Herman M, Trkov A, Capote R, Nobre GPA, Brown DA, Arcilla R, Danon Y, Plompen A, Mughabghab SF, Jing Q, Zhigang G, Tingjin L, Hanlin L, Xichao R, Leal L, Carlson BV, Kawano T, Sin M, Simakov SP, Guber K (2018) Evaluation of Neutron Reactions on Iron Isotopes for CIELO and ENDF/B-VIII.0. Nuclear Data Sheets 148:214–253. doi: 10.1016/j.nds.2018.02.004
- Nobre GPA, Palumbo A, Herman M, Brown D, Hoblit S, Dietrich FS (2015) Derivation of an optical potential for statically deformed rare-earth nuclei from a global spherical potential. Physical Review C. doi: 10.1103/physrevc.91.024618
- Chadwick MB, Herman M, Obložinský P, Dunn ME, Danon Y, et al. (2011) ENDF/B-VII.1 Nuclear Data for Science and Technology: Cross Sections, Covariances, Fission Product Yields and Decay Data. Nuclear Data Sheets 112:2887–2996. doi: 10.1016/j.nds.2011.11.002
- Nobre GPA, Dietrich FS, Escher JE, Thompson IJ, Dupuis M, Terasaki J, Engel J (2010) Coupled-Channel Calculation of Nonelastic Cross Sections Using a Density-Functional Structure Model. Physical Review Letters. doi: 10.1103/physrevlett.105.202502
- Nobre GPA, Dietrich FS, Escher JE, Thompson IJ, Dupuis M, Terasaki J, Engel J (2011) Toward a microscopic reaction description based on energy-density-functional structure models. Physical Review C. doi: 10.1103/physrevc.84.064609
Jul. 2020 - Remote "Machine Learning" certificate, Cornell University.