Res Staff 6 Computational, Comp. for Nat'l Sec, Computational Science Initiative
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Computational Science Initiative
P.O. Box 5000
Upton, NY 11973-5000
Lav R. Varshney was born in Syracuse, New York on October 28, 1982. He received the B. S. degree with honors in electrical and computer engineering (magna cum laude) from Cornell University, Ithaca, New York in 2004. He received the S. M., E. E., and Ph. D. degrees in electrical engineering and computer science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge in 2006, 2008, and 2010, respectively, where his theses received the E. A. Guillemin thesis award and the J.-A. Kong award honorable mention.
Since 2014, he has been with the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, where he is currently an associate professor. He has further affiliations in Computer Science, Neuroscience, Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering, Digital Agriculture, and Personalized Nutrition, as well as the Discovery Partners Institute of the University of Illinois System.
Dr. Varshney holds a joint appointment at Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY, where he is a Computational Scientist in the Computational Science Initiative (CSI).
- Artificial Intelligence
- Information Theory
- Network Science
- History and Sociology of Science
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, 2010.
- E.E., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2008.
- S.M., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, 2006.
- B.S., Cornell University, Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2004.