- Nuclear & Particle Physics
- Isotope Research & Production
- RIKEN BNL Research Center
Photon Division Management, National Synchrotron Light Source II
Wah-Keat is the Program Manager for the Experiment Development Program as well as the Lead Beamline Scientist for the 18-ID Full-field X-ray Imaging (FXI) beamline. He began his career at the Advanced Photon Source at Argonne National Laboratory, where he worked until 2011, when he moved to the National Synchrotron Light Source II.
- B.S.E., Electrical Engineering & Mathematics, Duke University (1984).
- Ph.D., Physics, University of Pennsylvania (1990).
- Ge M, Coburn DS, Nazaretski E, Xu W, Gofron K, Xu H, Yin Z, Lee W-K (2018) One-minute nano-tomography using hard X-ray full-field transmission microscope. Applied Physics Letters 113:083109. doi: 10.1063/1.5048378
- Arndt EM, Moore W, Lee W-K, Ortiz C (2015) Mechanistic origins of bombardier beetle (Brachinini) explosion-induced defensive spray pulsation. Science 348:563–567. doi: 10.1126/science.1261166
- Westneat MW, Socha JJ, Lee W-K (2008) Advances in Biological Structure, Function, and Physiology Using Synchrotron X-Ray Imaging. Annual Review of Physiology 70:119–142. doi: 10.1146/annurev.physiol.70.113006.100434
- Wang Y, Liu X, Im K-S, Lee W-K, Wang J, Fezzaa K, Hung DLS, Winkelman JR (2008) Ultrafast X-ray study of dense-liquid-jet flow dynamics using structure-tracking velocimetry. Nature Physics 4:305–309. doi: 10.1038/nphys840
- Lee W-K, Fernandez P, Mills DM (2000) Performance limits of direct cryogenically cooled silicon monochromators – experimental results at the APS. Journal of Synchrotron Radiation 7:12–17. doi: 10.1107/s0909049599014478