Comput. Sci. Mach. Learning, Computational Science Initiative
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Computational Science Initiative
P.O. Box 5000
Upton, NY 11973-5000
Xihaier Luo is a research associate in Computational Science Initiative (CSI) at Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL). He received the B.S. degree from the Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing, China, in 2014, and the Ph.D. degree from the University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, in 2020, all in Civil Engineering.
- Scientific machine learning
- Uncertainty quantification
- Stochastic modeling
- Dynamical systems
- Numerical PDE
- Ph.D., University of Notre Dame, 2020.
- B.S., Beijing Jiaotong University, 2014.
- Luo X, Kareem A (2021) Dynamic Mode Decomposition of Random Pressure Fields over Bluff Bodies. Journal of Engineering Mechanics 147:04021007. https://doi.org/10.1061/(asce)em.1943-7889.0001904
- Luo X, Kareem A (2020) Bayesian deep learning with hierarchical prior: Predictions from limited and noisy data. Structural Safety 84:101918. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.strusafe.2019.101918
- Luo X, Kareem A (2019) Deep convolutional neural networks for uncertainty propagation in random fields. Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering 34:1043–1054. https://doi.org/10.1111/mice.12510
- 2022, Society/EMI Award, J. James Croes Medal
- 2019, Hojjat Adeli Award for Innovation in Computing, Best Paper at CACIE