Associate Chair for ESSHQ, ESSHQ, Collider Accelerator Department
Ray recieved his Ph.D in accelerator physics in 2004 from Stony Brook University for work at the RHIC. That same year he became a Postdoctoral Research Associate at Fermilab working on the A0 Photoinjector under the supervision of Helen Edwards. Ray became an assistant physicist at Brookhaven in 2008 working on the NSLS-II project in the Injection System Group. In 2015 he lead the Coordination Group for Top Off Safety which successfully demostrated top off operation at NSLS-II that year. The next year Ray became the Deputy Beam Operations Group Leader for NSLS-II.
In 2021, he transferred to the Collider-Acclerator Department to become the ESSHQ Division Head.
- Ph.D. Accelerator Physics
- Department of Physics and Astronomy, Stony Brook University, December 2004
- M.A. Physics
- Department of Physics and Astronomy, Stony Brook University, May 1999
- B.S. cum Laude, Physics, Member of the Honor's College
- Department of Physics, Stony Brook University, May 1997
Associate Safety Professional - Board or Certified Safety Professionals