Head, ESSHQ Division, ESSHQ, Collider Accelerator Department
Ray recieved his Ph.D in accelerator physics in 2004 from Stony Brook University for work at the RHIC. That same year he became a Postdoctoral Research Associate at Fermilab working on the A0 Photoinjector under the supervision of Helen Edwards. Ray became an assistant physicist at Brookhaven in 2008 working on the NSLS-II project in the Injection System Group. In 2015 he lead the Coordination Group for Top Off Safety which successfully demostrated top off operation at NSLS-II that year. The next year Ray became the Deputy Beam Operations Group Leader for NSLS-II.
In 2021, he transferred to the Collider-Acclerator Department to become the ESSHQ Division Head.
- Ph.D. Accelerator Physics
- Department of Physics and Astronomy, Stony Brook University, December 2004
- M.A. Physics
- Department of Physics and Astronomy, Stony Brook University, May 1999
- B.S. cum Laude, Physics, Member of the Honor's College
- Department of Physics, Stony Brook University, May 1997