Workshop 3: Adoption of New Wood Heater Technology and Integration with Other Renewables
The third workshop of the Wood Heater Design Challenge discusses the adoption of new wood heater technology and integration with other renewables, delves into barriers to adoption and how wood heaters could play a more long term role as a renewable energy option. What technologies are most likely to be incentivized? How can they interconnect with other renewables at the household level, or the community level? Where will wood heat be the most price competitive?
What topics will be covered:
- Advantages of integrating heat pumps and wood stoves
- Integrating advanced wood heaters in renewable energy portfolios
- Carbon impacts of wood and pellet heating
- Emerging technologies in Europe and the US
- Status of DOE funded stove R&D projects
- Retrofit emission controls on the residential level
Additionally, an update from some recipients of the DOE BETO wood heater research FOA will be given by the teams!
This 2-day workshop will include short technical presentations followed by breakout sessions that discuss specific topics related to wood heater designs. The breakout discussion topics include:
Day 1: In-Lab Measurement Methods
- Session A - Adding automation to a wood heater Q&A
- Session B - Impact evaluation: Quantifying health, energy & climate impacts for biomass heat deployment
Day 2: In-Field Measurement Methods
- Session C - DOE/National Lab Q&A Tech Slam, 5th Design Challenge, and Future Events
- Session D - Sustainable adoption: Integrating wood heaters into renewable energy portfolios
- Rebecca Trojanowski (BNL)
- Thomas Butcher (BNL)
- Vi Rapp (LBNL)
- John Ackerly (Alliance for Green Heat)
Join the Event
Participants will be able to access and view the event information hosted on the vFairs platform on April 26, 2022, 8:00 am EDT (US and Canada). Please do not give out the connection information or your personal access link.
|April 11, 2022||Registration opens|
|February 6, 2022||Abstract submission for the poster session opens|
|April 15, 2022||Deadline to submit an abstract for the poster session|
|April 18, 2022||Training session on how to upload poster material to the vFairs platform|
|April 22, 2022||Deadline to upload material to the vFairs platform (instructions to be provided upon acceptance)|
|April 25, 2022||Registration closes|
View information from previous events.