Call for Proposals: User proposals for ATF beam time are now being accepted for Calendar Year 2023. To ensure full evaluation, interested researchers should submit their proposals by Friday, February 10, 2023, 5:00 pm, EDT. For detailed information regarding proposal submission, proposal categories, and the beam time request process, please visit the ATF User Access Page.
The UED Facility will separate from DOE-SC User Facility operations effective April 1, 2023 and proposals are no longer being accepted for that facility as part of the ATF proposal call. The UED facility will resume operations as a non-designated user facility later in the year with a separate proposal submission mechanism.
This will be an in-person meeting with limited ZOOM support for remote presenters and registered attendees.
The Accelerator Test Facility (ATF) is a DOE Office of Science User Facility that provides users with high-brightness electron- and laser-beams, and ultrafast electron diffraction capabilities. The ATF has provided a facility for users to study the properties of modern accelerators and new techniques of particle acceleration and radiation generation for over 25 years. It is the designated user facility for the Accelerator Stewardship Program.
During the meeting, the ATF Program Advisory Committee (APAC) will review the progress of the ongoing user experimental program and approve proposals for new experiments that are consistent with the ATF's mission within the Accelerator Stewardship Program.
- For questions about the Call for Proposals or Preliminary Agenda, contact Mark Palmer
- For questions about the logistics or an invitation letter, contact Mary Jane Ilardi
- For technical questions about Proposal Submission System, contact Mary Jane Ilardi
- The ATF Program Advisory Committee (APAC) will review the progress of the ongoing user experiments and approve new experimental proposals that are synergistic with the mission of the DOE Office of Science Accelerator Stewardship Program. They will also review the facility’s science goals and planning.
- The meeting will serve as a forum for collaboration and a platform for users to report their work to APAC and the research community.
- The current status, performance, and future plans for the ATF will be presented.
Program Advisory Committee
- Sandra Biedron (chair)
- Felicie Albert
- Jianming Cao
- Ernest Fontes
- Manuel Hegelich
- Patric Muggli
- John Power
- Craig Siders
- Evgenya Simakov
Local Organizing Committee
When booking your reservation, you may need to guarantee your room with a credit card. Check with your hotel about their cancellation policy and if they offer shuttle service. Details...
|January 1, 2022||Registration opens|
|March 2, 2023||Registration closes|
|February 13, 2023||Additional non-U.S. citizen registration deadline for participants who do not have an active appointment with Brookhaven Lab|
View information from previous events.
Note: This meeting falls under Exemption E. Meetings such as Advisory Committee and Federal Advisory Committee meetings. Solicitation/Funding Opportunity Announcement Review Board meetings, peer review/objective review panel meetings, evaluation panel/board meetings, and program kick-off and review meetings (including those for grants and contracts).