Physical Chemist, Advanced Optical Facility/Soft/Bio Materials, Center for Functional Nanomaterials
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Center for Functional Nanomaterials
Bldg. 735, Room 2019
P.O. Box 5000
Upton, NY 11973-5000
- charge carrier and energy transfer in low dimensional materials and interfaces: quantum dots, 2D van Der Waals materials, including perovskites.
- ultrafast spectroscopy and single nanostructure optical microscopy.
-photoinduced electron transfer in nanostructures and nanocomposites.
-2D heterostructures and hybrids including self-assembly
-solar harvesting, sensing, quantum materials characterization
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Heverlee-Leuven, Belgium, Physical Chemistry (Ph.D 2002)
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, 2007-2013, Assistant through Associate Scientitst (term appointment)
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, 2014-current, Scientist (S4) with indefinite appointment (now RS6).
- 519th Broohaven Lecture on Ultrafast Nanoscience
- Meet the 2020 Science & Technology Award Recipients
- Nanohybrid Structure Improves Efficiency of Light-Harvesting
- Mircea Cotlet Named One of Battelle’s “Inventors of the Year”
- Detecting light in a different dimension (2018)
- Understanding light-induced generation of currents in atomically thin semiconductors (2018)
519th Brookhaven Lecture
Brookhaven Science and Technology Award 2020
Battelle Inventor for 2019
Director's Postodoctoral Scholar, Los Alamos National Laboratory, NM
ESF Human Frontier for Science Promotion Visiting Postdoc, Harvard University, MA