Materials Scientist RS6, Soft and Bio Nanomaterials & Advanced Optical Facility, Center for Functional Nanomaterials
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Center for Functional Nanomaterials
Bldg. 735, Room 2019
P.O. Box 5000
Upton, NY 11973-5000
- Pump-probe ultrafast optical methods, single molecule/nanostructure optical spectroscopy and their application to 2D semiconductors, quantum dots and nanowires.
- carrier transport in nanomaterials and at interfaces.
-interfacial charge carrier and energy transfer in heterostructures.
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Heverlee-Leuven, Belgium, Physical Chemistry (Ph.D 2002)
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, 2007-on, Scientist RS6 with indefinite appointment.
- Stony Brook University, MSCE Department NY, Adjunct Professor and Lecturer (2010-on)
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, NM, Chemistry Division, Technical Staff Member (2006-2007)
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, NM, Chemistry Division, Director's Postdoc Fellow (2004-2006)
- Harvard University, MA, Chemistry and Chemical Biology Department, European Science Foundation postdoc (2003)
- Editorial Board Advisory Member for MDPI Photonics (2020-on) and Wiley - Particle and Particle Systems and Characterization (2018-on).
- 519th Broohaven Lecture on Ultrafast Nanoscience
- Meet the 2020 Science & Technology Award Recipients
- Nanohybrid Structure Improves Efficiency of Light-Harvesting
- Mircea Cotlet Named One of Battelle’s “Inventors of the Year”
- Detecting light in a different dimension (2018)
- Understanding light-induced generation of currents in atomically thin semiconductors (2018)
519th Brookhaven Lecture
Brookhaven Science and Technology Award 2020
Battelle Inventor for 2019
prior to BNL
Director's Postdoctoral Fellow Los Alamos National Laboratory 2004
Human Frontier for Science Promotion visiting fellowship (ESF) 2003