Physicist, Magnet Systems, Electron-Ion Collider
I earned my D.Phil. in Physics from Oxford University in 2008. Before joining Brookhaven National Laboratory in 2011 I held a post at the John Adams Institute for Accelerator Science in the UK, while being a Junior Research Fellow of St Cross College (Oxford University). My research interests and expertise span all conceivable areas of magnet technology.
In addition to being in charge of a number of magnet systems I am also leading the IR design effort of the EIC.
- Magnet design
- Superconducting Magnets
- Normal conducting magnets
- Pulsed/DC magnets
- IR design
- D.Phil. in Condensed Matter Physics, University of Oxford, UK
- M.Sc. in Condensed Matter Physics, University of Oxford, UK
- Dipl.-Ing. (FH) in Physical Technology, University of Applied Sciences, Wedel, Germany
- 2007-2010: St. Cross College, Oxford, UK, Junior Research Fellow