NOTE: the Laboratory's weight room is for the use of Brookhaven Lab employees, guests, retirees, and family members only. It is not open to the general public.
Schedule: Monday through Friday from 7 to 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The BERA Store accepts membership payment by cash or check (payable to "BERA BBC") when open.
|Employees, Facility Users, Laboratory Guests, Post-docs, Summer Students, and Family Members||$30|
- The BERA Body Building Club weight room is located in the rear of the Gym in Bldg 461.
- Facility tours are always available. Contact Christine Carter at Ext. 5090 to schedule a tour.
Access and Requirements
Laboratroy employee ID badges are used for Weight Room access. In order for your badge to be activated to allow entry into the Weight Room, you must complete a required web-based training video.
Any contractor or family member (including spouse/partner, adult children, guests/contractors) wishing to use the weight room must present a copy of their medical insurance card and initial a receipt that states they have insurance in place. The Recreation Office in Building 400 will keep this receipt on file.
- Non-BSA employees must bring proof of medical insurance.
- Adult children (18+) and spouses/partners may join and must have a BNL badge for facility access.
- Retirees must have a valid badge for facility access.
Helpful Information for Gym Use
Workouts can be challenging and mistakes in the gym are common. At times, these mistakes can cause mild strains or more significant injuries. By changing small parts of your routine, you’ll begin to see incredible results.
Always make sure there is someone in the vicinity - do not work out alone. Wipe down the equipment when you are done, etc.