Collaboration with Foreign Nationals
Collaborations with Foreign Nationals, Foreign Institutions (Academic/Industry), and Foreign Governments are very important to the mission/vision of BNL, and the Export Control Office strives to support these interactions by providing guidance on export regulations, shipping, and Customs requirements.
Before engaging in an international collaboration, assess the following:
- Will the research take place or involve a party in a sanctioned, embargoed, or other high-risk country?
- Who are the parties involved? Are they restricted parties?
- Does the collaboration in any way relate to defense applications, weapons, warfare, munitions, nuclear materials, and/or national intelligence?
- Is any related party a foreign government, military, or intelligence agency?
- Will items (including information which is not already public or intended to be in the public domain) be shipped, taken, or otherwise transferred outside the United States?
- Will the results of the collaboration be subject to any restrictions on dissemination?
- Will BNL receive any physical items, materials, biologics, software, and/or proprietary information from a collaborating party?
If you answer “yes” to any of the above questions, please contact the Export Compliance Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, for assistance.