EE Cloud Process, Environmental and Climate Sciences Department
Aifang Zhou's work is mainly focused on computer programming for the design, development, and maintenance of meteorological data products that add value to and enhance the scientific usability of data (particularly from millimeter-wavelength cloud radars) collected by the Department of Energy's Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) Climate Research Facility and to assist in analysis of these data and simulations.
- Programming and Software Development
- C/C++, MATLAB, FORTRAN
- ABAQUS, ALGOR, ANSYS, 3DMAX, AutoCAD, Pro/E
- Stony Brook University, Lecturer, 2017- present.
- The University of Notre Dame, Research Associate, 2010.
- The University of Arizona, Research Associate, 2008-2010.
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Research Assistant, 2003- 2007.
- Wuhan University of Technology, Research Assistant, 2000-2003.
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China, Ph.D., Mechanical and Automation Engineering, 2007.
- Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, China, M.S., Mechanical Engineering, 2003.
- Haskett D, Johnson G, Zhou A, Utzinger U, Vande Geest J (2010) Microstructural and biomechanical alterations of the human aorta as a function of age and location. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology 9:725–736. doi: 10.1007/s10237-010-0209-7
- Zhou A, Hui K, Lai Y (2008) Simulating deformation of objects with multi-materials using boundary element method. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering 74:1088–1108. doi: 10.1002/nme.2202
- Zhou AF, Hui KC, Tang YM, Wang CCL (2006) An Accelerated BEM Approach for the Simulation of Deformable Objects. Computer-Aided Design and Applications 3:761–769. doi: 10.1080/16864360.2006.10738429
- Tang YM, Zhou AF, Hui KC (2006) Comparison of FEM and BEM for interactive object simulation. Computer-Aided Design 38:874–886. doi: 10.1016/j.cad.2006.04.014
- Tang YM, Zhou AF, Hui KC (2005) Comparison between FEM and BEM for Real-time Simulation. Computer-Aided Design and Applications 2:421–430. doi: 10.1080/16864360.2005.10738391